Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect update for Radio and Rear Camera

bbritt18

Reaction score
My rear camera works sometimes and other times it doesn't. I was at the dealer Saturday for an oil change and it had a recall for a software update to fix it, they tried loading it 3 times and it would never take. The message they would get was to contact Uconnect for troubleshooting. Has anyone had this problem? 21 Ram 3500 limited.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello Bbritt18,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM with your VIN, along with your Uconnect software information, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

LousRam

Reaction score
My rear camera works sometimes and other times it doesn't. I was at the dealer Saturday for an oil change and it had a recall for a software update to fix it, they tried loading it 3 times and it would never take. The message they would get was to contact Uconnect for troubleshooting. Has anyone had this problem? 21 Ram 3500 limited.
I hate the radio. I will rethink Ram trucks after having this problem child radio. It does what it wants when it wants. You talk about a driving distraction . I wonlder how many accidents it causes from people trying to just change the channel . It's bad. I like everything but the radio . I have had between 8 to 10 Ram trucks and that may be the last.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I hate the radio. I will rethink Ram trucks after having this problem child radio. It does what it wants when it wants. You talk about a driving distraction . I wonlder how many accidents it causes from people trying to just change the channel . It's bad. I like everything but the radio . I have had between 8 to 10 Ram trucks and that may be the last.
Hello LousRam,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your vehicle. Please send us a PM if you wish to discuss this further.

William
Ram Cares

Reaction score

Me, my radio ended up with a corrupted update and has been doing stupid **** like not allowing me to use the pandora stations, not saving my sirius subscription, constantly showing "Updating blahblahblah.js" at the bottom, etc. Dealer is replacing the radio under warranty.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Me, my radio ended up with a corrupted update and has been doing stupid **** like not allowing me to use the pandora stations, not saving my sirius subscription, constantly showing "Updating blahblahblah.js" at the bottom, etc. Dealer is replacing the radio under warranty.

We can see how frustrating this has been for you, StormTrooper3500. If you are interested in additional support while your truck is in service, feel welcome to message our team with your VIN and dealership information.

Steph
Ram Cares

Reaction score
We can see how frustrating this has been for you, StormTrooper3500. If you are interested in additional support while your truck is in service, feel welcome to message our team with your VIN and dealership information.

Steph
Ram Cares

Its currently at the dealership with a star case in progress, I'll DM shortly

Hairy

Reaction score
I finally had a call from Chrysler, the problem is that all radios need the firmware update BEFORE the map update, example my unit is at 32.4 it NEEDS the firmware update only at dealer and it will be 39.5 something, then and only then can the map updates be downloaded without problems.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@Jimmy07

I see 39.9 was available back in the spring. I'm currently at 39.7 with everything working as I use it (no connected services). Are you aware of any issues going to 39.9?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The u
I finally had a call from Chrysler, the problem is that all radios need the firmware update BEFORE the map update, example my unit is at 32.4 it NEEDS the firmware update only at dealer and it will be 39.5 something, then and only then can the map updates be downloaded without problems.
The updates are available in the wild, but you'll need to do more than one to get from where you're at to a version 39 level.

They're the exact same updates the dealers use, they just get copied to a USB stick to install.

Hairy

Reaction score
This what they sent me, said because it is such a large update dealer must do it, once that is done I can purchase and download new maps without crashing my unit!

Attachments

• 10-22-22 update info.pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 40

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
@Jimmy07

I see 39.9 was available back in the spring. I'm currently at 39.7 with everything working as I use it (no connected services). Are you aware of any issues going to 39.9?
I personally haven’t been able to use it because I switched to UC5 by the time 39.9 came out. I haven’t heard of anyone else with issues with it. As far as I know, it was released to repair the connected services issue that 39.7 caused.

Warweasel

Reaction score
I'm glad that I saw this. If I check Uconnect's site, it tells me that I have no updates available, but my truck is on 19.49.13. That seems like I SHOULD have an update!

Hairy

Reaction score
I am referring to the firmware update to the 12" radio, once done I can download the new maps from UConnect, you have to put your unit in dealer mode to ssee your firmware edition

Users who are viewing this thread