Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Screen goes full blast bright when reverse camera is displayed backing up at night! No dimming option! Blinding!!! 2021

Fcr

Reaction score
I can see no one really cares. Ram cares .

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I can see no one really cares. Ram cares .

They are likely lower level customer service reps... they posted on March 3rd that they forwarded the concern.
They really can't do much more than that.

Seems you can call directly 866-726-4636

Firebird

Reaction score
On my settings, I changed mine to dark mode screen, totally changed everything, it is perfect now!20231101_171658.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
It’s definitely fixed on my UC5 current software 27.46. I’m not sure if it was fixed on this one, or one of the last two updates (didn’t run them long enough and didn’t pay attention).
My display/EVIC brightness is always set to the highest brightness before the “parade mode” detent. When I put it in reverse with the headlights on, the screen brightness doesn’t change on the reverse camera screen vs the CarPlay screen. Before, when going in reverse, the brightness of the reverse camera screen would go into full “parade mode” brightness.

2019_Ram

Reaction score
That's good to hear. Now I just need them to push that update to me as I'm still sitting on 26 something....

DeadEnd

Reaction score
It’s definitely fixed on my UC5 current software 27.46. I’m not sure if it was fixed on this one, or one of the last two updates (didn’t run them long enough and didn’t pay attention).
My display/EVIC brightness is always set to the highest brightness before the “parade mode” detent. When I put it in reverse with the headlights on, the screen brightness doesn’t change on the reverse camera screen vs the CarPlay screen. Before, when going in reverse, the brightness of the reverse camera screen would go into full “parade mode” brightness.
What would be the best way to check for the new update? Take it to the dealer? I’ve got UC5 8.4 non nav and the lovely connected services delete when built :(

jsalbre

Reaction score
Man, my ‘23 on that software version still blinds me when I put it in reverse at night.

Users who are viewing this thread