Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 5 Retrofit Questions

rfullen280

Reaction score
I've searched and read a bunch of threads - so I'll post a new thread to really mess things up.

I'm going to retrofit/upgrade my 21 2500 from Uconnect4 to Uconnect5 -

The questions I have are - CVPM 56029965AC is the one needed to keep the 360 camera, correct?

And then if I want to keep my TTPMS working - do I need to replace both the Gateway and Bumper modules? Are these the correct part numbers:
68404893AB Gateway Module 68526635ab - Bumper Receiver

Any other weird/quirks? How about obtaining software updates?

I think that's it for now...thanks for any/all help.

(not worried bout losing Sirius Guardian - overpriced anyhow)

g00fy

Reaction score
I've searched and read a bunch of threads - so I'll post a new thread to really mess things up.

I'm going to retrofit/upgrade my 21 2500 from Uconnect4 to Uconnect5 -

The questions I have are - CVPM 56029965AC is the one needed to keep the 360 camera, correct?

And then if I want to keep my TTPMS working - do I need to replace both the Gateway and Bumper modules? Are these the correct part numbers:
68404893AB Gateway Module 68526635ab - Bumper Receiver

Any other weird/quirks? How about obtaining software updates?

I think that's it for now...thanks for any/all help.

(not worried bout losing Sirius Guardian - overpriced anyhow)
I don't remember the part number of my CVPM, but IIRC I only had to change the bumper module, if i had to change anything at all. It's been a while now so I can't really remember.

Couple gotchas though that I do remember, when you do the swap, to get the cameras working you're going to have to change the model year in your BCM to 2022+, and if you have a Sirius plan that has the traffic & weather plan on it (Or Possibly anything other than just Satellite radio) sirius will not be able to get your UC5 radio to pair, you have to strip down the subscription to just satellite radio.

rfullen280

Reaction score
Thanks!

Have you had to update your Uconnect Software, and if so, where did you get it from? I assume that Over The Air updates don't push to you...

g00fy

Reaction score
Thanks!

Have you had to update your Uconnect Software, and if so, where did you get it from? I assume that Over The Air updates don't push to you...
That is correct OTA updates do not work, but it's no big deal, they barely work for people with factory UC5's. Anyway there is a link floating around on the forum here somewhere to a google drive account that has an archive of user contributed updates. If i find it I'll add the link to this post.

rfullen280

Reaction score
That is correct OTA updates do not work, but it's no big deal, they barely work for people with factory UC5's. Anyway there is a link floating around on the forum here somewhere to a google drive account that has an archive of user contributed updates. If i find it I'll add the link to this post.
Thanks! And if you think of anything else useful... I'd appreciate anything ya got to share.

2021hdram

Reaction score
I don't remember the part number of my CVPM, but IIRC I only had to change the bumper module, if i had to change anything at all. It's been a while now so I can't really remember.

Couple gotchas though that I do remember, when you do the swap, to get the cameras working you're going to have to change the model year in your BCM to 2022+, and if you have a Sirius plan that has the traffic & weather plan on it (Or Possibly anything other than just Satellite radio) sirius will not be able to get your UC5 radio to pair, you have to strip down the subscription to just satellite radio.
do you have to change the BCM year to 2022 to get the backup camera to work or does this just apply to 360?

g00fy

Reaction score
do you have to change the BCM year to 2022 to get the backup camera to work or does this just apply to 360?
I think you gotta change it to get any of the cameras to work.

2021hdram

Reaction score
I think you gotta change it to get any of the cameras to work.
I can confirm that now. BCM to 2022 and recalibrate the camera. If you don’t recalibrate the backup camera is just a blue screen.

If you don’t change the BCM to 2022 you will not see a backup camera option nor will anything happen when you go into reverse.

rfullen280

Reaction score
I can't get the calibrations to work. Good reverse image, good views of the side cameras, and the front...but I'm getting this error... IMG_7035.jpeg

rfullen280

Reaction score
Finally got the cameras to calibrate - had to "clear faults" then start the process. Worked good doing that in order for Left Camera, then clear faults, then Right Camera, clear faults (each time disconnect/reconnect), then Front, clear, and then rear. I used a hardly used road at the county airport, and drove right down the center line so the camera had the dashes to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread