Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 5 AUX function not Working

Scubaz66

Reaction score
2022 RAM 2500 Big Horn 6.4 with UConnect5 System. I have an AUX Port between the two USB Ports where I can connect another device. See attached pi. I have plugged in an AUX device with another USB with Music I want to swap between my Motorcycle and Truck. The device looks like the picture attached. It has an AUX port at one end and a female USB port at the other end that I can attach a USB with MP3 songs.

Has anyone tried to use this AUX Port? Does anyone know what it may be used for, because the manual doesn't actually state.

I have one of these AUX ports on my Harley and I can use it to play music from an IPod Mini. My Harley Radio reads and plays MP3's.

I know the Truck will read MP3's because I can plug the USB in either port and it will play the music from the USB.

The UConnect5 System identifies something is plugged into this aux port but doesn't seem able to recognize the attached USB with MP3 Music.

The UConnect System is new and the AUX to USB cord is also new. Trying to figure out if my problem lies with the UConnect System or a bad cord.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• AUX Port.jpg
    AUX Port.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 6
  • USB.jpg
    USB.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 6

arx237

Reaction score
You may find a lot more info in the uconnect supplement instead of the owners manual, not sure it will solve your issue but I suppose its worth a look.

Log into the mopar site, select your truck, select owners manual on the window to the right, then along the top you should see a "radio manuals" link. From there you can download it.

On your aux device make sure the volume is up. I have been caught by that in the past, player volume at zero and stereo volume at max still not appearing to work.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Are these USB ports power switchable? I plugged up my dash cam to it and it’s always on. I know the one in the arm rest is ACC keyed. May have to move it to the arm rest, don’t want dead batteries. I assume it does not draw much current. It will record if bumped or senses motion.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Just read on the 5thgenrams forum they shut off after an hour. Will check light on cam hour after leaving truck.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Are these USB ports power switchable? I plugged up my dash cam to it and it’s always on. I know the one in the arm rest is ACC keyed. May have to move it to the arm rest, don’t want dead batteries. I assume it does not draw much current. It will record if bumped or senses motion.

If you have them in the rear console, one of them is BAT by default but the fuse (F91?) can be moved. Same thing with the top 12V outlet. The others are all ACC/IGN powered AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread