Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TTPMS

GBCrew2

Reaction score
I followed all the instructions on the other post about adding TTPMS to my 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie and used alfaobd to enable the two settings. The screens all seem to show up. The truck allows me to start the sensor pairing process. Works similar to how it says and then tells me finished. Once I select finish, the screen acts as if I did nothing. The dash shows not configured and the screen is at the screen to set up the trailer tires. I have done this multiple times with same ending. Also tried driving down the road after selecting finch and nothing. This is being done on a single axle trailer with a 4 pin trailer light connection. Is that my problem?

Attachments

• 20230427_201726.jpg
    20230427_201726.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230427_201806.jpg
    20230427_201806.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230427_201843.jpg
    20230427_201843.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230427_201900.jpg
    20230427_201900.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 22

CdnHO

Reaction score
Make sure you select the same trailer you just set up in the radio. Honestly this system has been an issue for most users.

GBCrew2

Reaction score
I have. It is immediately after selecting finish it goes to the screen to set up the sensors showing nothing was done.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Did you do this last step?
Wish I had something to contribute.. I've had zero issues once I paired it up..

1682723269245.png

GBCrew2

Reaction score
I did but I'll have to double check it I guess. I believe that was the first one I did. I enabled two things through alfaobd.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I did but I'll have to double check it I guess. I believe that was the first one I did. I enabled two things through alfaobd.
I had to go back and do that one, but I did it before I tried to pair up the sensors...
Drove it all the way from Oregon to Florida with no hiccups...

GBCrew2

Reaction score
Both are enabled. I also can not get the system id log to upload to my Google drive and just getting errors that there is no logs or unreadable.

Last edited:

GBCrew2

Reaction score
So my truck randomly did an OTA update 2 days ago, later that day both trailers synced and worked first go around. Woke up this morning and the truck now says it's not configured. So I did learn that you do not need the 7 way plug for the trailer tire pressure monitoring system to work. My non-electric brake, 4 pin trailer light, trailer did connect and did work for a drive down the road. Unfortunately this one and the other seem to have lost the connection.

Barneyb

Reaction score
Was this ever resolved?
I have a 2023 RAM 2500 and want to add the trailer TPMS for my travel trailer that has 4 wheels. I've purchased the OBD+ and the gateway security cable.. I read that one should get the screen for Trailer TPMS to come up before I purchase the TIM, TIM jumper cable, Wireless Control Module Receiver and the Trailer Tire sensors.
Does anyone know if the entire build is in one post location?
I asked my local RAM dealer, here in Wake Forest, NC, and they know nothing... saying it has to be ordered from the factory, and can't be added aftermarket.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Was this ever resolved?
I have a 2023 RAM 2500 and want to add the trailer TPMS for my travel trailer that has 4 wheels. I've purchased the OBD+ and the gateway security cable.. I read that one should get the screen for Trailer TPMS to come up before I purchase the TIM, TIM jumper cable, Wireless Control Module Receiver and the Trailer Tire sensors.
I asked my local RAM dealer, here in Wake Forest, NC, and they know nothing... saying it has to be ordered from the factory, and can't be added aftermarket.

It is in this thread on the first page... you will likely need to buy everything if you don't have TTPMS from the factory (I had to purchase everything)

GBCrew2

Reaction score
Was this ever resolved?
I did get mine working on my '22 2500 by resetting the settings in alfaobd. What I found I have to do occasionally is switch to a different trailer for a few min then go back to trailer I want and it will then come up. Also the tire pressure set limit keeps resetting to 50psi for me no matter how many times I change it, I've come to just accept that and stopped trying to get it to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread