Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB: 18-005-23 - 2022 trucks - Excessive regens - *P0299 - Turbocharger Underboost - etc.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation
the technician may find that one or more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) have been
set:
• **P0299 Turbocharger Underboost.**
• P026B00 Injection Timing Performance.
• P061B00 Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance.
• P145100 Diesel Particulate Filter System Performance.
• P075500 Shift Solenoid “B” (DG7 Trans Sales Code). [mod: 68RFE]
• P076500 Shift Solenoid ”D“(DG7 Only).
• P040100 EGR System Performance

Customers may also experience the following:
• **Service Exhaust System message in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) with no MIL.**
• Improvements to cold temperature engine rpm fluctuation.
• Reduce audible engine flare during upshifts (DG7 Only).
• Improvements to help prevent OD clutch premature wear (DG7 Only).
• 1-2-1 gear hunting on grades while operating under high loads in areas of low traction (e.g. rain, snow, ice or dirt) (DG7 Only).
• wiTECH Fuel System RunUp Test routine Improvement.
• Idle stability Improvement.
• wiTECH PCM data improvements.
• wiTECH cylinder cutout routine, improvement.

Last edited:

Jimmy Dean

Reaction score
It says “may experience” a malfunction light, does that mean we might have this and not know? Also what is the fix?

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I just got the P026B-00 code when the CEL came on. I had just had the engine oil changed, Aisin tranny filter changed and both fuel filters changed at a local independent shop. I went back to them and they found the P026B-00 code, and could not clear it. So I took it in to the dealer. They updated the software and the CEL is now gone. Only drove it 20 miles, with a couple of restarts.

Hoping that it is now gone for good. And that other issues are not created by this update.
I have considered buying a older diesel truck, but apparently others are already doing so and then refitting them. One local fellow has $30K into his refurbished 1986 (??) Dodge dually. He found a whole new diesel drive train in a junk yard to put into his old truck. He's pulling a restored AirStream camper with it. He said that the $30k was cheaper than the newer diesels, and the truck will probably outlast him (he's 68).

Users who are viewing this thread