Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to Tap into my Dimmer switch wire

Cloudx92

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here: I got a 2022 Power Wagon Level 3 I'm building into an overlanding rig! I just recently got some LP4's and set up a multi light controller for it. One issue I'm having is the backlight is bright as hell and the instructions to adjust it say to tap into the ACC / Factory dimmer switch wire to be able to use the factory dimmer switch to lower the brightness. anyone attempt this yet or know which wire I'm suppose to tap? I've been looking over diagrams lost as hell for a few days trying to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

flan

Reaction score
Factory dimmer switch by the headlight switch? Pull it apart and start with a meter checking wires. Would be pretty easy to find it once you pull off the connector. Tap into the low power side, I’d assume that’s the dimmer wire?

dmhines

Reaction score
Aren't dimmers all controlled via CANBUS nowadays ?

Users who are viewing this thread