Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Stop Semi Fuel Lanes- Diesel

CBK2801

Reaction score
This is my first Ram diesel: 2020 3500. I've never had the cap less system with the flapper. Old GM truck worked at Semi Truck stop lanes, though had to be careful because fuel is dispensed at high volume. I've tried to search for issues. Anyone have problems with the newer fuel inlets? I'm going to measure mine. I believe truck stop nozzles are 1 3/16" diameter. Did read about someone had the nozzle getting stuck.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Folks pulling the big RVs, horse trailers, equipment trailers, etc. have been refueling their diesels in the truck lanes including me without issue.

jrhoffer

Reaction score
This is my first Ram diesel: 2020 3500. I've never had the cap less system with the flapper. Old GM truck worked at Semi Truck stop lanes, though had to be careful because fuel is dispensed at high volume. I've tried to search for issues. Anyone have problems with the newer fuel inlets? I'm going to measure mine. I believe truck stop nozzles are 1 3/16" diameter. Did read about someone had the nozzle getting stuck.

jrhoffer

Reaction score
I have used the Truckers pumps several times in the last couple of months with no problem on my 2019 RAM 3500 SRW. My son uses them also on his 2018 RAM 3500 SRW, his plastic filler neck tube is cracking because of the weight of the larger hose & nozzle,

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I have used the Truckers pumps several times in the last couple of months with no problem on my 2019 RAM 3500 SRW. My son uses them also on his 2018 RAM 3500 SRW, his plastic filler neck tube is cracking because of the weight of the larger hose & nozzle,
Yeah, it’s a good idea to have a good grip on that larger hose........:)

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Folks pulling the big RVs, horse trailers, equipment trailers, etc. have been refueling their diesels in the truck lanes including me without issue.
Your is the previous gen. I've read of quite a few cases too where nozzle was getting stuck in '19+ trucks as RAM changed the tank filler design.
Please mention what year your truck is (as jrhoffer did) when you say you have no issues filling up

raven_dt

Reaction score
Make sure that the nozzle is in fully. Those are high flow pumps and you don't want to get splashed with diesel. Take my word on it.

b307a1

Reaction score
They have seemed to work out the issues that they had when they first went to the cap less system in 2013.

It was a real headache to put fuel in my '13.

DRAGRAM

Reaction score
I have a 2021 and I had a truck stop nozzle get stuck. I finally stuck a long screwdriver in there and it came out. I think I had a misconception. I looked with a flashlight and there seems to be an obstruction, but no second door. I thought there was a second door and that the flared end of the nozzle got hung up on the inner door. it seems it got hung up on the obstruction, not a door. Now I do not stick it in so far and have not had an issue since. No fuel splasing back etc.

Users who are viewing this thread