Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

truck runs better after first oil change

heloguy

Reaction score
Just did my first oil change at 5k and deleted it at 3k. Oil was NASTY black. Truck seems to be running better too after today's oil change. Anyone else noticed it too? On a side note, install the fumoto valve. Should make my next oil change a whole lot faster and cleaner.

AKDoug

Reaction score
No noticeable difference in mine after an oil change.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
^Ditto. Runs the same as it did before the oil change. Diesel engine oil get black quickly - that's just the way it is. You deleted your new CTD Ram?

Phil T

Reaction score
Just did my first oil change at 5k and deleted it at 3k. Oil was NASTY black. Truck seems to be running better too after today's oil change. Anyone else noticed it too? On a side note, install the fumoto valve. Should make my next oil change a whole lot faster and cleaner.
The oil change by itself would not account for a difference in running. You must have accidentally knocked loose some crud from the Canuter valve.

Inthehills

Reaction score

Last edited:

Nick

Reaction score
You folks act like they put used motor oil in your trucks . If the motor runs better its in your mind . I have owned 7 new 15 liter Cummins engines . 1 5.9 AND 2 6.7 never have I changed the oil before the stated oil change . Just wasting money but if it makes you feel better then do it .

Users who are viewing this thread