Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck is Done Waiting to be Shipped for 2 Months

Ngrgs42

Reaction score
Has anyone else had there truck sit in KZLD status for 2 Months? Every time I called Ram Corporate to check on the status, they keep lying to me on where the truck is by saying it was already in California on 11th of April and the truck should be at the dealer from the 14th though the 28th of April, which was not true at all. So on the 25th of April had the dealership find out if my truck was waiting at the train unloading area in California, which it has not even been loaded to be put on the train, when I called Ram Corporate that everyone that I asked from them was lying to me and keep giving me a runaround answers on where by truck is, as well as them telling me to ask the dealership for update when the system was down and the dealership could not even place orders nor looking at status of customers orders, it was blank at the dealership, and lastly when I called Chrysler Group today May 3rd they said that the system was still down which it was not because my dealership told me that the system was working as of this morning and has been working all day and when I called Ram Corporate to find out what is the true status of the truck and they told me that it has been shipped, which it has not. I placed the order back on December 17th of 2021 for a Ram 3500 LongHorn 6.7L Cummins HO engine long bed. My VIN is 3C63R3L0MG227677.

Ngrgs42

Sixtime43

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you think everyone is lying to you? If it is sitting in a railyard in California (whether it is on a railcar or not) they probably consider it shipped or in transit. The rail system in this country right now is so messed up and backlogged in some places that your looking at a couple of months sometimes before stuff get loaded/unloaded. I was waiting on a truck with an "In Transit" status for almost 2 months. When I called for an update it was always the same thing... Waiting to be unloaded. Nobody is probably outright lying to you about where your truck is, and when will it arrive. They probably genuinely can't give you a real timeframe since they are at the mercy of the rail system. It's sad, but the world we live in right now .

d19r93

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Mine has been sitting in the rail yard 100 miles from me for going on 3 weeks right now. No one knows anything as to whether it's been offloaded, or if it's going to be picked up, etc. Frustrating that most people's hang up is the build process itself, but others seem to not be able to get the truck delivered after it was built.

BSAWS6

Reaction score
Mine was built on 3/14. Just got to dealer in IN yesterday. It was at the yard in IL for around 40 days.

Savin yours

Reaction score
How are y’all finding out the status of your trucks? I just ordered two weeks ago, but I wanna check on it in a month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OuterUB

Reaction score
Feel your pain brother ..... mine sat on a rail car for two months waiting on a set of replacement keys for a unit on the bottom deck. This despite the fact that they can offload each deck independently. :mad:

OuterUB

Reaction score
How are y’all finding out the status of your trucks? I just ordered two weeks ago, but I wanna check on it in a month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get your VIN from the dealer and call RamChat and your dealer every couple of weeks....

OuterUB

Reaction score
Your pain is shared fellas ..... frustrating as hell.

Last edited:

Brianmp01

Reaction score
Mine sat in a rail yard 6 hours from me for 30 days before it made it to the dealer.

BSAWS6

Reaction score
The wait was terrible but picked it up today and it didn't have any damage or issues. So keep your heads up. Worth the horrible wait lol.

Users who are viewing this thread