Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck in park but not registering

austinsaltsman1

Reaction score
Something weird happened for the first time yesterday and I have been unable to resolve. I have a 2021 3500 that is in the park position, but the truck isn’t registering that it is, and I am unable to start the truck. I had no previous issues with this, nor issues turning it off after it’s been on. I had a family member with a cheap engine code scanner come up with UO101. Although this appears to be fairly broad. Anyone else with a similar issue/potential resolve?

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Occasionally, the shift lever doesn't fully seat in its detente position (all the way up and then slightly forward). I've hade this happen in my 2015 and now my 2022 3500. Try wiggling the shift lever up and forward to see if you can get it seated fully into the Park position.

flan

Reaction score
Make sure the 10mm bolt behind the shift lever boot is tight, many have had a loose bolt which I imagine can cause the lever to not align with the detent capt mike mentioned.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Something weird happened for the first time yesterday and I have been unable to resolve. I have a 2021 3500 that is in the park position, but the truck isn’t registering that it is, and I am unable to start the truck. I had no previous issues with this, nor issues turning it off after it’s been on. I had a family member with a cheap engine code scanner come up with UO101. Although this appears to be fairly broad. Anyone else with a similar issue/potential resolve?
Hi,
Have you visited a dealership regarging this concern? If not, we recommend doing so. Please send us a private message if you seek additional assistance.
Sylvia
Ram Cares

austinsaltsman1

Reaction score
Did the fuse blow or become unseated?
Unseated… although it was my fault. I removed the fuse to replace another 20A fuse, I misread the fuse diagram, I thought I was removing from a “spare” compartment. Self inflicted issue, but resolved none the less.

Wholeo

Reaction score
Glad it was an easy fix. Many posters here mentioned to take a few minutes to check your fuses because they
are not seated very well out of the factory and might wiggle out.

Users who are viewing this thread