Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck cap

Greenram

Reaction score
Have chance to buy a cap off a 2018 6.4 bed for my 2022 6.4 bed 2500 both trucks will it fit think the cabs are the same any ideas?

IronByron

Reaction score
Are you looking at a black ARE Z series in eastern central IL are you? Lol, we may be looking at there same thing and I’m looking for the same answers!

woody284

Reaction score
it should as long as the cabs are the same configuration. Ie quad vs quad. My cap was off a 2015 I think. I Bought it white and had it painted, order a sliding, removable front window and put new rear window struts on it.

Greenram

Reaction score
Whew! Didn’t want to get in a bidding war lol. Caps are hard to come by these days.
Picked it up ladt night perfect fit so from 18 to 22 the 2500 beds are the same got great deal on an ARE cap going to leave it black

IronByron

Reaction score
Picked it up ladt night perfect fit so from 18 to 22 the 2500 beds are the same got great deal on an ARE cap going to leave it black
Nice, I’m going to pickup an 2018 z Series today. Glad it fits. Do you have the cargo camera in the 3rd brake light by chance? I think those stick out a little more than the regular brake lights?

woody284

Reaction score
They do and in another thread some have posted pics. I do not know 100 percent as I never had one but I think it’s cap dependent on if it hits. I think some have swapped to a no camera light as the camera is not pointless when you block it. You will realize how much your bed moves around once you put the cap on.

Greenram

Reaction score
Nice, I’m going to pickup an 2018 z Series today. Glad it fits. Do you have the cargo camera in the 3rd brake light by chance? I think those stick out a little more than the regular brake lights?
Yes I do there is plenty of room I'll post a pic

Users who are viewing this thread