Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission/Warranty issues

MathHog

Reaction score
My 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie is only 16 months old and the 8-speed Automatic 8HP75-LCV transmission is already bad. I had no trouble until the check engine light came on and a “service transmission soon” notice flashed. Took it to the dealer, and was told it would get a new transmission under warranty, and it should be here in 12 days. Now, the service department says that they are having trouble getting the warranty claim accepted. It has already been 11 days and the transmission isn’t even ordered. Is this something anybody else has experienced? Sorry if it is on another thread, but I couldn’t find it. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

areuriding

Reaction score
Shouldn't be an issue. You may have to be proactive and escalate the issue.

MathHog

Reaction score
Well, I like the dealership, and the people in the service department, but not even having it on order one day before it should have been here worries me. I need that truck. What is the best way to press them a little? I don’t want to ruin a relationship, but I dang sure need it fixed. If the problem is with Ram, then I sure don’t know who to complain to.

MathHog

Reaction score
After 16 days, now they say that Ram wants them to replace the transmission valve body Before they replace the whole transmission. Ok, fine, but why did they say the whole thing had to be replaced in the first place? And the dealer is still struggling to get the company to accept the warranty claim. Somebody is incompetent! This is getting frustrating. Over two weeks, and no part has even been ordered!
Update:
The valve body is ordered! On the down side, they told the dealer it would be April 25 before it arrived. Oh well, at least it is moving forward!

Last edited:

JimKIII

Reaction score
I am having the same issue here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/error-code-p0733-popped-up-today-updates.15745/

When the transmission tech at the dealership dropped the pan to inspect the valve body, he found metal shavings throughout. So a new transmission is on order. The order was placed last Tues (12/26) and as of Friday there is no ETA.

What's the status of your issue? When did it finally get replaced? How many miles when it failed?

Users who are viewing this thread