Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission failure 2022

Harry Vos

Reaction score
Has anyone have the repair work order from Ram for Transmission overhaul. My truck just had a catastrophic transmission failure.
2022 Ram 4500 with 14k It is under warranty.
Anyone have any success with fast turnaround ?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
These days turn around is pretty quick, depending on the dealer and if the transmission can be repaired or needs replaced.

Was your truck identified under the 71A TSB for the K1 snap ring failure?

Harry Vos

Reaction score
Yes the Snap ring has broke. Its my main income provider hopefully they find a overhaul kit quickly.
So far its all bad news parts back ordered no eta.
Im supposed to hear more today.
Was told if I insisted on new Transmission I would have to pay and then request refund

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
That’s terrible. Either pay for the new one and install, document everything being no ETA backordered- request a district manager get involved. If you don’t get reimbursed, file a lawsuit.

Or demand a rental truck and wait.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Has anyone have the repair work order from Ram for Transmission overhaul. My truck just had a catastrophic transmission failure.
2022 Ram 4500 with 14k It is under warranty.
Anyone have any success with fast turnaround ?
We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience, Harry. If you need additional support, our team would be more than happy to assist you! If desired, please send us a private message with your VIN and mileage, as well as the dealership you're working with to resolve this concern. If an appointment has not been set, we may assist you with setting that as well. Just let us know, and we'll do our best to support.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread