Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TransferFlow Replacement Tank for Hemi

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
I know there have been multiple discussions regarding replacement tanks for us Hemi owners and TransferFlow seemingly received enough request to finally take a real look into this. Anyway, figured I’d start a TransferFlow thread to make it easier to find as this moves forward (the other recent thread was titled Titan replacement tank). Anyhow, check your email if you submitted a request and if you haven’t done so I’d encourage you to do so. Someone out there is listening!

Can’t remember being this excited about an aftermarket product, encouraging news today!

Attachments

• IMG_2514.jpeg
    IMG_2514.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 65

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
With the overwhelming majority of Hemi powered hd’s stuck with the 31 gallon tank, there is a HUGE market out there for folks that actually tow with these trucks with no desire to go diesel.

Range is the only thing that really bothers me with this truck………..

el_barto

Reaction score
I received their survey and filled it out.

I assume the fuel gauge would function; though not sure if the range estimate would be accurate (hopefully it would be?! Maybe if it was a 50gal tank and you reprogrammed the truck to think it had the OEM 50gal tank?)

Hopefully their tank would still be compatible with the OEM power wagon Fuel tank skid Plate

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I received their survey and filled it out.

I assume the fuel gauge would function; though not sure if the range estimate would be accurate (hopefully it would be?! Maybe if it was a 50gal tank and you reprogrammed the truck to think it had the OEM 50gal tank?)

Hopefully their tank would still be compatible with the OEM power wagon Fuel tank skid Plate

I think the fuel gauge would need to be adjusted with Alfa...
As far as the fuel range indicator, I find it to be wholly useless.

I just keep a running mileage in my head based on if I'm towing or not and how fast I'm driving... just like the 'old' days.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
I don’t see how it could, tank will either be longer/wider or deeper. Won’t do anything that decreases ground clearance or makes the tank more vulnerable here, have grown accustomed to hauling even more fuel cans already.

3500_Gasser

Reaction score
Won’t do anything that decreases ground clearance or makes the tank more vulnerable here, have grown accustomed to hauling even more fuel cans already.

Agreed, if it lowers ground clearance and makes the tank more vulnerable, it's not a solution in my book. Hopefully, TransferFlow gets this.

el_barto

Reaction score
I don’t see how it could, tank will either be longer/wider or deeper. Won’t do anything that decreases ground clearance or makes the tank more vulnerable here, have grown accustomed to hauling even more fuel cans already.
If it’s similar to the Titan diesel 52 gallon tank, it looks like that tank is similar length and width, but taller towards the body…Not sure if it hangs lower though.

Metternacht

Reaction score
If I recall in the other thread someone pulled measurements and there was like 12" of room to the front of the tank. IF they kept everything else the same and used that space it would increase volume without impacting ground clearance and possibly allow the skid plate to continue working and open up a market for skid plate extensions.

dablack21:​

"So I have an earlier comment on this thread, and basically I pulled the measurements on the 32 gal tank in my CCSB and had someone pull the measurements on a 50gal tank from their gasser CCLB 50 gal tank. The SB gasser has about 12" of room in front of it, and the oem 50gal tank would need an additional 27" (I think, I didn't go back and look). So unless I move that bracket with whatever it is bolted to it, there isn't enough room to fit an OEM 50gal tank in a shortbed truck." - [SIZE=3][I]dablack21[/I][/SIZE]

BadKarma

Reaction score
Here’s a 2021 hemi at Autonation Phoenix north

Attachments

• IMG_4630.png
    IMG_4630.png
    1 MB · Views: 45

Ahmed392

Reaction score
Thanks for triggering this Thread and I already filled in the Form last week, via support of one of the members.

Awaiting eagerly, to see this “enhanced range fuel replacement tank” progressing from the engineering drawing phase all the way to the final production line up to to the commercial outlets and selling points.

Users who are viewing this thread