Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Sway with Firestone Transforce AT

PMJohns

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced excessive trailer sway with Firestone Transforce AT tires?

Tow Vehicle - 2021 Ram 2500 4WD Crew Cab with Long Box and Cummins

Hitch - Reese Straight Line Weight Distribution (good sway control)

Trailer - 30’ Airstream (~ 9000 lb)

This is exactly the same setup I had on my 2011 and my 2016. On the 2011 and 2016 I ran Goodyear Silent Armor then Goodyear Adventurer tires. Neither of these vehicles had the sway issue that I have on my 2021 with ghe Firestone Trackforce AT tires. Near as I can figure, either the suspension is radically different (my 2016 has ghe same rear suspension as the 2021) or the Firestone tires suck.

jkempken

Reaction score
I a had similar issue with my 3500 SO Cummins on the stock tires. Pulling an enclosed car hauler approx. 8000 lbs. in some decent wind the rear end would sway. I put some 35x12.5R20 Ridge grapplers and she stays planted so far. I know there was another thread on here of a guy with a similar experience where the sway followed the stock tires.

Users who are viewing this thread