Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Lights Not Working

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Need a little help, Not that it makes much of a difference, but 2020 Tradesman CCSB, 6.4L. First time hooking up my trailer - 18 foot 10k Equipment trailer - Aired up the tires, greased the hubs, connected to truck, plugged in 7 pin wiring harness, turned on lights and checked turn signals. Both right and left lights and signals worked. Unplugged harness, squeezed a bit of di-electric grease in each slot, plugged harness back in, took her for a ride around the block and you guessed it, no rear lights or signals. The only lights that work are the amber running lights on each side. Another note, when I unlocked the truck this morning, the right side rear light and the rear center lights flashed with the truck lights. Could it be that I blew a fuse?? If so, can you direct me to the correct fuse and embarassingly enough, point me to where the fuse box is located? Thanks in advance for any advice

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Fuse box is located in the engine bay, drivers side just in front of the battery.

Check fuses F28, F29 and F30 (backup, parking, tow receptacle)

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Also check the fuses for trailer turn signals. I have a trailer that always blows the right turn signal fuse. I have to keep extras on hand. I believe my issue is wirh the trailer. This has happened with my current and previous trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread