Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer camera

Maxx

Reaction score
I’ve had my new 2024 Longhorn 2500 for a month. It came with a trailer camera witch I had mounted in our camper and it plugs into the designated port on the bumper to the left of the license plate. The camera Image comes up on the rearview mirror. But not on the aux2 screen on the dashboard monitor. The aux2 is just a blue screen and it’s my understanding that the camera image should come up on aux2. The Service department can’t seem to get it to work. Anyone else have this issue, or know how to remedy it?

Last edited:

CortexM0

Reaction score
I’ve had my new 2024 Longhorn 2500 for a month. It came with a trailer camera witch I had mounted in our camper and it plugs into the designated port on the bumper to the left of the license plate. The camera Image comes up on the rearview mirror. But not on the aux2 screen on the dashboard monitor. The aux2 is just a blue screen and it’s my understanding that the camera image should come up on aux2. The Service department can’t seem to get it to work. Anyone else have this issue, or know how to remedy it?
The plug to the left of the license plate is only for the rearview mirror. Aux 2 cameras will utilize the 12 pin plug to the right of the license plate. The two systems are not compatible. For Aux 2 you'll need a different camera.

Maxx

Reaction score
The plug to the left of the license plate is only for the rearview mirror. Aux 2 cameras will utilize the 12 pin plug to the right of the license plate. The two systems are not compatible. For Aux 2 you'll need a different camera.
Do you know what type of cameras work for aux2? And would it work with the existing wiring that came with the voyager camera system ?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know what type of cameras work for aux2? And would it work with the existing wiring that came with the voyager camera system ?

You would need to customize a 12-pin plug harness. You can use any analog camera with Aux2.

Only standalone 12-pin harness I've ever found is the Ford part.

Users who are viewing this thread