Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer brakes

Patriot Blue

Reaction score
Does the new Ram2500 come with trailer brakes or do I need to install them myself for towing?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Brake Controller depends on trim/package... IIRC some of the lower trims/packages do not come with one.
Should be able to check your sheet and see if it is included

Limey

Reaction score
Your signature shows 2021 2500 Bighorn ordered.
If that is the truck you are asking about then, yes it has an integrated brake controller.

Patriot Blue

Reaction score
Thx , men. I was thinking so but I dont have the truck now, and didn't see where that is indicated

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
Am I correct that the wiring is there on all of the trucks? I seem to remember that all you need to do is to buy the actual switch thingy if it wasn't included.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Am I correct that the wiring is there on all of the trucks? I seem to remember that all you need to do is to buy the actual switch thingy if it wasn't included.
Depends you can go aftermarket there is a connector to do plug and play but if adding the oem style you will need a dealer flash or alfa obd to enable it as it is integrated in the trucks bcm but the connector is there to my understanding

Users who are viewing this thread