Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Backup Camera

Adam@RAM3500

Reaction score
Good evening Folks,

Has any one been able to connect a trailer camera to a 2021 RAM3500?

I have a 5th wheel with a furrion wireless display screen, can I connect the Furrion camera to the the 12 pin trailer camera harness? I heard rumor of trailer 360 as well. If i can't connect to the furrion, is there a camera kit from RAM?

Thanks

bfs673

Reaction score
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum!

There have been a few recent discussions on this topic and the general consensus would agree you cannot use your existing Furion camera into the Ram OEM camera input.
Perhaps someone will make a wireless receiver, with an RCA output and adapter that would work with the OEM set up.

There is a camera kit from Ram. You'll need to ensure you get the right kit (Dual camera harness); sorry I don't have the PN handy, but you'll see that in a few threads.
The camera quality has been noted as disappointing, though a recent post suggested it was "Good enough".
I'll likely go this rout soon with my 38' 5th wheel, as I have the Furion now and will likely go to the OEM camera.

The 360 trailer set up would be great, at least in my mind. I don't believe this will be an upgradable option for our model year :confused:

Adam@RAM3500

Reaction score
Thank you

Dealership is useless with any information if any. Won't even talk about it till they have a truck VIN. would you run a dual camera system on the 5th trailer? the Furrion that I got has side markers as well which have been awesome.

The idea of wireless receiver is extremely attractive, no wiring, clean. hopefully someone (smarter than I) will get on this ;)

Thanks for replying

bfs673

Reaction score
Thank you

Dealership is useless with any information if any. Won't even talk about it till they have a truck VIN. would you run a dual camera system on the 5th trailer? the Furrion that I got has side markers as well which have been awesome.

The idea of wireless receiver is extremely attractive, no wiring, clean. hopefully someone (smarter than I) will get on this ;)

Thanks for replying
Agreed! The dual harness is the required PN for the 2021 rigs, though it only comes with one camera sensor.
I guess the second would be useful if you had a cargo trailer or maybe a horse trailer. Not useful so far as I can tell for my trailer.

I'm thinking about setting up a camera to view my goose ball from the side while hooking up my gooseneck. Factory camera gets me aligned left/right, but depth is a hit or miss. Not difficult by any stretch, but a camera for that would be great.

Adam@RAM3500

Reaction score
Agreed! The dual harness is the required PN for the 2021 rigs, though it only comes with one camera sensor.
I guess the second would be useful if you had a cargo trailer or maybe a horse trailer. Not useful so far as I can tell for my trailer.

I'm thinking about setting up a camera to view my goose ball from the side while hooking up my gooseneck. Factory camera gets me aligned left/right, but depth is a hit or miss. Not difficult by any stretch, but a camera for that would be great.
I'm thinking to find a fancy way to mount the 5" screen to the rear view camera while towing and wait till someone figures out the wireless receiver for the furrion, spoke to a truck acc shop here in town and they are looking into it. everyone is asking about the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread