Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer 360 camera problem

BraveSamWise

Reaction score
Has anybody here encountered issues when installing their trailer camera system? I just did the install on my tool trailer and the truck won’t recognize them. The install seems pretty idiot proof…. Cameras mounted and connected to the box just fine. Connection from box to truck was simple. I checked the fuse, checked all connections. Everything seems good. I followed the instructions to set up the computer side of things but the trailer surround camera button is grayed out and when I tap it, it says “connect trailer equipped with trailer surround view system”.
Do you guys have any advise before I go try to get into the local dealer and see if they are any help?
Truck is a 2022 3500 Laramie 6.4l crew cab, long bed. It Came with the trailer cameras as an option when I ordered the truck.

Attachments

• IMG_4985.jpeg
    IMG_4985.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4986.jpeg
    IMG_4986.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 11

Jmonty

Reaction score
Do you have 5th wheel prep? As I remember reading if you have the 12pin connector in both the bed and the bumper only 1 of them is connected to system at a time and you need to swap connections under the bed to the one you plan/want to use.

BraveSamWise

Reaction score
Do you have 5th wheel prep? As I remember reading if you have the 12pin connector in both the bed and the bumper only 1 of them is connected to system at a time and you need to swap connections under the bed to the one you plan/want to use.
I do not have the 5th wheel prep. But it’s worth crawling under the truck to see if anything is connected to the 12pin plug. I’ll check when I get home in a few days and take a look down there.

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
I have the 12 pin in both the bed and the bumper from the factory and I have the MOPAR surround Camera System, I had to 1st reprogram the radio via Alpha OBD and that showed the camera keys on the radio but they were grayed out, I then discovered I also had to purchase a module that plugs in under the dash to make everything work, it has worked good ever sense.
If your truck came with the trailer surround camera system from the factory I would think this would all be ready to go but if you purchased the surround camera system after the fact like I did you will need to do as I did.

Users who are viewing this thread