Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tradesman winch options with OEM mounting hardware

TogaLock77

Reaction score
I've searched for "winch" and read the posts. I'm still somewhat unclear what will work and won't. I would like to go Warn Zeon but the way the winch is set up is different from factory. I don't want to go with OEM due to costs. Any new success stories out there with aftermarket winches on the OEM mount?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Isnt the zion line more than the m series?

kristof

Reaction score

TogaLock77

Reaction score
Kristof, thanks for the redirection and I've read that write up. I'm more interested to hear what winches owners have used that have worked with the set up in the technical write up. Obviously the Badlands winch worked. I read that there are some accessibility issues due to the differences of the Warn OEM vs Warn aftermarket. That leads me to ask are there any 12,000lb winches that more resemble the OEM regarding usability vis a vis accessibility.

kristof

Reaction score

TogaLock77

Reaction score
I have been interested in knowing the same and haven't seen anyone else install a winch on the OEM mount other than the Badlands. Very interested to know who gets a non-OEM Warn to fit.

Check here every non and then to see if they will eventually offer something for the 4.5 Gen: https://www.vicedesign.ca/collections/hidden-winch-mounts
Sent them an email regarding possible clutch relocation kits for the Warn Zeon.

TogaLock77

Reaction score
Vice Design's reply.

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we cannot offer you a clutch relocation kit for the Zeon line. We have previously offered a Zeon Clutch Relocation Kit but did not have enough interest in them to continue the product and we no longer stock them."

Users who are viewing this thread