Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tradesman seats?

KLSU

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between a Tradesman or Big Horn and had a question about the seats in a 2019 Tradesman. I've sat in both and know the Tradesman doesn't have the power seat(Or lumbar?) so I was wondering from people that have owned their trucks and driven on long trips how comfortable are the Tradesman Level 2 package seats are?

The Tradesman has everything I want except maybe the better drivers seat so I hate to spend more for a Big Horn if I do not need to.

Thanks in advance.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
i've been on several road trips in my t'man. seats are awesome. i'm not a super big guy, 6ft 200lbs and don't
have any issues. a best friend of mine has a '19 limited, and i think the t'man seats are a touch more comfy
than what's in his truck. the limited seats seem stiffer, due to the leather cover, i'm guessing.

hope that helps.

KLSU

Reaction score
Yea I'm not a big guy either at 5'10" 175lbs and this is the reason I thought I needed a power drivers seat. I sat and test drove the Tradesman and was very surprised at the height of the seat was perfect. I just wanted to hear from people that have "Used" their trucks and not just test drove like me.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
yup, i was a little concerned as well on the lack of height adjustment, but after 5k miles, it's proven to be
a non value worry. now, the lack of telescoping function for the steering wheel is another debate :)

GeauxCrush

Reaction score
The seats are the first thing I noticed while taking my first longer drive. I commute 1 hour everyday and these are by far the most comfortable seats in a vehicle I’ve ever driven (and this is my first “lower end” trim vehicle). Even other people that have ridden with me comment about them being noticeably comfortable.

KLSU

Reaction score
The seats are the first thing I noticed while taking my first longer drive. I commute 1 hour everyday and these are by far the most comfortable seats in a vehicle I’ve ever driven (and this is my first “lower end” trim vehicle). Even other people that have ridden with me comment about them being noticeably comfortable.

Hey GeauxCrush you from Louisiana? How do you like your truck overall? I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2019 2500 Tradesman 4x4, Level 2, off-road, 8.4 display, anti-spin, etc.

GeauxCrush

Reaction score
Hey GeauxCrush you from Louisiana? How do you like your truck overall? I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2019 2500 Tradesman 4x4, Level 2, off-road, 8.4 display, anti-spin, etc.
I’m from Texas, however I graduated from LSU! I love the truck. This is my 8th vehicle (I’ve owned other trucks, challengers, a Charger, mustang, and Jeep) and it is probably my favorite. My Tradesman is built almost just like you described and I think it’s one of the best values on the market. One thing I was worried about, as I’ve never owned a 3/4 ton, was the ride quality. That has not been an issue, I actually think this truck rides better than any other non-car vehicle I’ve owned. It’s definitely 1000x easier than my Jeep. Acceleration is great, interior has the right amount of luxuries/durability, and they just look so good. It doesn’t feel any more difficult to park than my parents F-150 I drive sometimes. I really don’t have anything negative to say, I think Ram hit a homer with these 4.5 Gens.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
My 2015 Tradesman has 124000 miles on it and the HD Vinyl and I would call the seats comfortable. My driver seat has some of the Vinyl peeling were they all crush down from sliding out.

They still look nice and for the most part have all the original support and cushion still available. The drivers seat is starting to show it has been used though.

KLSU

Reaction score
I’m from Texas, however I graduated from LSU! I love the truck. This is my 8th vehicle (I’ve owned other trucks, challengers, a Charger, mustang, and Jeep) and it is probably my favorite. My Tradesman is built almost just like you described and I think it’s one of the best values on the market. One thing I was worried about, as I’ve never owned a 3/4 ton, was the ride quality. That has not been an issue, I actually think this truck rides better than any other non-car vehicle I’ve owned. It’s definitely 1000x easier than my Jeep. Acceleration is great, interior has the right amount of luxuries/durability, and they just look so good. It doesn’t feel any more difficult to park than my parents F-150 I drive sometimes. I really don’t have anything negative to say, I think Ram hit a homer with these 4.5 Gens.
Yea, that was my only other concern was using this truck as my daily driver along with the size of the backseat. I currently own a 2011 F-150 SCREW 4x4 and only average 14mpg in it so I do not think the gas will be much if any more. I've also looked up the dimension between the two and while the Ram 2500 is about 6" longer its basically the same width. I really probably could get by with another 1500 but I use my truck as a truck a lot. I do tow anything heavy regularly but I do from time to time so it just seems the Ram 2500 with 6.4 is a perfect match for my needs.

AndyS

Reaction score
I'm 6'7" 350. My 2011 Bighorn 1500 had powerseat and when I got the Tradesman, I was worried that the manual seat would be awful especially with no lumbar support. Just about to hit 3000miles and am very happy my the seat! I think it's more comfortable than my 1500 was. Leg room is fine and head room is awesome compared to the 1500. In fact I think the whole cab is more spacious.

AKDoug

Reaction score
I'm surprisingly happy with mine as well. 5'10" and 225. Most of my trips are 100 miles plus. They are very comfortable.

Jsw

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between a Tradesman or Big Horn and had a question about the seats in a 2019 Tradesman. I've sat in both and know the Tradesman doesn't have the power seat(Or lumbar?) so I was wondering from people that have owned their trucks and driven on long trips how comfortable are the Tradesman Level 2 package seats are?

The Tradesman has everything I want except maybe the better drivers seat so I hate to spend more for a Big Horn if I do not need to.

Thanks in advance.
I purchased the Tradesman, this is my 3rd one and by far the most comfortable! Even the wife comments on how much more comfortable this truck is compared to my other two. I am 5'6" and 175 and it seems to fit me just perfect. The last one I had I had to put a lift kit on the front seat to make it comfortable LOL.

Dogeram

Reaction score
In terms of the 2019 ford, dodge base model seats the dodge is better. Interested in how they feel after 5k, 10k miles. Drove a '20 base chevy and the seats were way more firm (higher grade of automotive foam?) but had excellent lumbar and lateral support. I'm 6'5 275.

Possum

Reaction score
Tradesman seats are very comfortable. Only thing I don't like about them is that there are no seat back pockets and the rear seat is one piece. There's not a 60/40 split.

That's the only 2 things I don't like about my Tradesman.

AKDoug

Reaction score
Tradesman seats are very comfortable. Only thing I don't like about them is that there are no seat back pockets and the rear seat is one piece. There's not a 60/40 split.

That's the only 2 things I don't like about my Tradesman.
I agree. There are a ton of seat back organizers out there and they are better than the seat pockets anyway.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a 3k mile road trip and these seats still surprise me on how solid they are.

Dogeram

Reaction score
My tradesman is the most basic vehicle I've ever owned but I will say the seats for being no frills basic cloth are suprisingly decent. They could use a but more lateral support but I'm picky on seats. Only reason I'd change them is this truck is looking like it will be a long term vehicle. If so I'll swap in scheel mann's .

psmura

Reaction score
Great info in this thread. Just to be clear the Tradesman seats only have forward and back movement? Anybody have any input regarding Vinyl vs. Cloth comfort? Waiting for these dealers to re-open so I can go take some test drives.

DHaus

Reaction score
5000+ miles on tradesman vinyl seats and could not be happier. I'm 6'5"/ 220 and the support is just about perfect. I'm a carpenter, in and out of the truck constantly and have no signs of wear yet. I previously had a lmm loaded Chevy ltz with power everything seats and they looked pretty shabby around 30k and at that point the lumber inflation had long since stopped functioning. Should have it warrantied but never bothered. Either way the basic tradesman seats have been great so far. My brother is a ram junkie mechanic with a build 2d gen and is trying to find some new tradesman seats to swap.

Users who are viewing this thread