Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tradesman Grill Trim

TogaLock77

Reaction score
I have factory fender flares on the way. When I take those in to have them paint matched I was thinking of having the trim pieces surrounding the grill also paint matched. I would like to break up the huge surface area of black on the Tradesman's nose. What do you all think?

woody284

Reaction score
Pictures help in being able to vision what’s your talking about. My tradesman has a chrome bumper and chrome grille with black insert. It sounds like your setup is different. I love the paint to match grilles but I am afraid to paint the chrome ( bumper or grille) because of durability of the paint adhesion

TogaLock77

Reaction score
Older picture, without new wheels and tires, photoshopped with my idea. I should add I will be de chroming the badges too.
D351DA3D-E287-4C50-887D-39AB717A9580.jpegAE705C8D-9A2A-4209-B0A1-EEC1BA55EF05.jpeg

Last edited:

Squatch

Reaction score
I think it looks awesome, except the red hooks just stick out too much for my taste

woody284

Reaction score
100 percent like it. I agree though, I’m up in the air with the red hooks.

TogaLock77

Reaction score
My thought on the red hooks was the badges will have the tiniest bit of red and I would tie that in with the front hooks and the background on the tailgate ram. My wife couldn’t match the red of the badges because the pixel sample was too small. She just went all bold red on my suggestion. I’m still thinking about it.

Jcannon

Reaction score
I like the hooks. They will go well with the black badges. Has anyone painted the factory chrome grille surrounds?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

TogaLock77

Reaction score
Red hooks the same as a GMC
Ok then
Didn't know GMC's had red hooks. I keep a look out for them. I always liked the contrast when people would powder coat them on custom classic Bronco bumpers. If it looks good in my mind I don't care what badge is on the vehicle.

I decided against painting the grill surround. After I installed the power wagon wheel flares I decided I liked the black. Who would of thought.

jsalbre

Reaction score
JK Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rocks and JL Wrangler Rubicons have red hooks. So it’s a family thing.

i think it all looks good!

jsalbre

Reaction score
Man, that looks so good. With the change of wheels and the chrome delete I think I’d not even bother to paint the surround white.

Users who are viewing this thread