Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tradesman gets the full Tow Technology with upgrade to 8.4 Uconnect

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't realize you could get the 8.4" screen on a Tradesman. That's a change.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
I wish they would have had this available when I ordered. Then I could have gotten everything I wanted in a Tradesman and saved even more. They previously offered the tow tech package, but without the 8.4 screen, alot of the functionality seemed to be missing.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Another one of RAMs late roll outs. Very frustrating for people who want the new truck now, but I guess RAM has been in business with Heinz and decided good things come to those who wait.

Their plan was to roll out the expensive trucks because the early adopters are always people with money to burn. They succeeded with the 1500. They got the average selling price up, which was their goal.

This Tow Technology and 8spd is the only reason i would upgrade... and as soon as i noticed the 8.4 wasn't in the tradesman...i knew once again they were not ready for what they were offering.

Now that it is ready...need to get the rear under floor storage back in the tradesman(how stupid is that) and to find out if I can fit my floor console from my 2015 into the 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread