Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tradesman Front Seat 40/20/40 question

TogaLock77

Reaction score
I’m looking at seat covers and one of the manufacturers has 2 selections for the 40/20/40 seat. Those selections are with or without lower middle storage. I’m not sure what they mean by that. I didn’t look at many 2500s before I bought mine. I knew I wanted a Tradesman and I bought the one that was on the lot. Mine has a very small tray on the floor below the middle portion of the seat. Is this what they are talking about or is there more substantial “lower middle storage” offered?

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Lower middle storage. Your center seat bottom would lift up. Most that have the CD player (on a 4th Gen) will get the lower middle storage.

They do not mean that little tray

Since the cd player is now with the radio on the larger screens..not sure the 2019/20 would have this.

Basically, see if your center seat bottom lifts up.

If it does you have it. If it doesn't you don't.

My tradesman does not

Squatch

Reaction score
I don’t think any tradesman has it, just like they don’t have the split backseat, I’m thinking Ram can sell more expensive models if they cutout features in the tradesman model.

TogaLock77

Reaction score
Lower middle storage. Your center seat bottom would lift up. Most that have the CD player (on a 4th Gen) will get the lower middle storage.

They do not mean that little tray

Since the cd player is now with the radio on the larger screens..not sure the 2019/20 would have this.

Basically, see if your center seat bottom lifts up.

If it does you have it. If it doesn't you don't.

My tradesman does not
Thanks. It does not lift up.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
On a 4th gen you could get it if you ordered the CD player on a tradesman.

Do any of the 4.5 Gen trucks have it?

Maybe they come standard on the higher trims?

But definitely the chances are slim on a tradesman...they dont even get the rear in floor bins or the mini floor console with 4x4 shifter anymore

tienckb

Reaction score
Mine is 2020 Laramie with The level 2 trim.

Has 40/20/40 and yes the storage bin is the back rest and there is another bin underneath the seat pad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichM752

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 2021 Big Horn with level 2 have the storage under the seat pad?
I just ordered Tiger Tough seat cover with that option, and have yet to recieve the truck. I assumed it has the storage bin because my 2016 has it.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
My 2015 tradesman had it because I ordered the cd player. My 2020 does not.

RichM752

Reaction score
Just talked to the dealer and he said it's no longer available as they beefed up the under seat support on the 40/20/40

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My 19 has the cd player under there i believe 2019 was the last year for it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread