Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tradesman ambient lighting dimmer

Demaggg

Reaction score
I realize my truck has no ambient lighting but the dimmer is there none the less. Has any one messed with this yet? I always hit by mistake as it’s right next to the dash light dimmer. Makes me want to hook some thing up to it just because.

Demaggg

Reaction score
I realize my truck has no ambient lighting but the dimmer is there none the less. Has any one messed with this yet? I always hit by mistake as it’s right next to the dash light dimmer. Makes me want to hook some thing up to it just because.
2019 2500 Tradesman FYI

Compshooter

Reaction score
Oh that's what it's for. I've been spinning it trying to see what the hell it does. I've never seen a manufacturer put a control device in for a vehicle that didn't have it. Seems odd they would do that.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
one wheel dims the cluster and the other wheel dims the tiny spotlight that's built in the overhead.

MartyZ

Reaction score
I dont recall it dimming mine, ill have to try it tonight when its dark. I Thought it served no purpose. Much like my headlight rotating switch with the fog lamp button that is push-able and lights up the indicator even though i dont have fogs. haha

Warweasel

Reaction score
I'm so glad that they added the dimmer. I hated in my 16 Ram that to get the over spotlight to dim, I had to turn my dash lights all the way down. Now I keep ambient lighting off and I can have my dash lights at a comfortable level.

Demaggg

Reaction score
Holy cow, that dimmer dimmer does control the the little spot light on the over head. I cant really see much of a difference all the way up or down but I see the brightness of the light changing. I guess on a more expensive truck there would be more lights attached to it.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Seems a huge waste...fog lights would have been a much more useful "amenity"...could care less if the little light is there or not
I agree man, First thing i noticed and thought "Damn, i shouldve ordered those"

Railin93

Reaction score
Wish they offered them but no...so figurin ill do some 2" black oak pods and some custom brackets...maybe rewire the cargo lamp switch to be used for the fogs...

Bob J

Reaction score
On mine the light just shines on the cup holders

Users who are viewing this thread