Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS

KM673000

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I bought a new set of rims and tires and the TPMS sensors aren’t syncing. My understanding was they automatically sync after a few miles? It’s been weeks. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks!

duallyben

Reaction score
If you can put your old tires on to make sure the system works, if it does its the sensors in your new tires and you are best to go back to who ever sold/installed them.

You are correct in that a few miles you should see inflation numbers on your screen.

DammitDave

Reaction score
Whenever you change out a TPMS the vehicle needs to be programed to the new ones. You need a TPS programmer to do this, any local tire shop will.

duallyben

Reaction score
Whenever you change out a TPMS the vehicle needs to be programed to the new ones. You need a TPS programmer to do this, any local tire shop will.
My 2016 3500 I grabbed oem sensors from a 1500 set of tires I found for cheaper then the sensors cost. This was 4 years ago, the tpms were oem, but I have the equipment to change tires and never did any programing and they worked like I mention above. I have never read about tpms sensors needing a tool on a ram but maybe there is something I learn today

Users who are viewing this thread