Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS Warning Light - Trip to Dealer or AlfaOBD?

bwf1911

Reaction score
I've been searching the forums and find a lot on TPMS issues but not this specific question. I hope someone can help me out if this could be fixed without either the dealer or buying the alfa.
I sold my Firestones and switched to Cooper AT3's and have been running 58 on the fronts and 55 on the rear unloaded, which should be more than enough according to the tire chart. No problems for the past month and ride is excellent. The temp dropped and TPMS light came on. I inflated to 58/55 cold and ran to West Texas and the TPMS light never went off. On the way back I still get the warning, but it looks like only one tire is triggering it. Photo of cold tire pressure screen before heading back and one about 200 miles in to the trip attached. Thoughts on heading to dealer or bite the bullet and order alfa obd?

Attachments

• Cold Tire Pressure.jpg
    Cold Tire Pressure.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Pressure after 200 miles.jpg
    Pressure after 200 miles.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 13

jadmt

Reaction score
You have to Inflate both rear tires to 65psi to get it to go off. Thats what a dealer will do. If you want to run lower then lower them down i can‘t remember for sure but you can lower them to about 80% after that but once they trigger the warning light they need to go all the way up. I use a procal snap so can run around 30psi without triggering.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Use alfaobd and switch it to TPIS instead or set the pressure alert much lower

Users who are viewing this thread