Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got what you mean. You want the camera showing all the time.

Yea I believe with the 12 inch you can.

arude

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. To be clear, i want a camera for the back of the TT thats on regardless if i am going backward or forward. I like seeing whats behind me when i am pulling the TT as i go down the road.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Just as I hit post I realized what you wanted, and I believe you can. Will do some searching for sure after a bit.

arude

Reaction score
:) Appreciate it. I want to have as much ammo as i can get before i show up at the dealer tomorrow so he can show ME what i paid for..

HomelessBound

Reaction score
Anyone shake any more info out of anyone on this lately? Pretty key feature for me before I order.

arude

Reaction score
All I got out of my visit from Saturday to the dealer is that they have no idea what i got when i ordered the XFQ trailer Camera wiring on my 2500 other that it says i got and paid for it on the vehicle sticker. I would be very interested to hear from any others that ordered the XFQ option just to compare to see what they got. They did however check the part number for the camera and TMPS sensors that have been floating around but had no idea what you actually got when you ordered the sensors, and i am not going to be the first one to order a 400 buck camera until they are out for a while and we see some feedback from others..

Attachments

• IMG_3161.JPG
    IMG_3161.JPG
    395.5 KB · Views: 44

HomelessBound

Reaction score
XFQ should get you the 12 pin connector on the bumper in place of the 4 pin connector. The 68433188aa is a 4 pack of the sensors that go on the trailer tire valves - which still needs the receiver on the truck that apparently is still vaporware/no part number yet.

arude

Reaction score
AH HA. As i thought. even showed the dealer a picture of a bumper with the installed connector, but they were clueless. If we get 4 wheel sensors for that price that seems competitive compared to other TPMA sensors out in the market. Now we just need to wait for the rest of the puzzle to drop. Thanks for the info.

HomelessBound

Reaction score
AH HA. As i thought. even showed the dealer a picture of a bumper with the installed connector, but they were clueless. If we get 4 wheel sensors for that price that seems competitive compared to other TPMA sensors out in the market. Now we just need to wait for the rest of the puzzle to drop. Thanks for the info.

Yes. For me it's about having one less piece of clutter in the cab. My old TTPMS plugged in and used up a 12v socket. Now I guess they have solar ones that can stick elsewhere but I'd rather just have it built in. I am debating putting the camera kit on, my trailer already has a wireless camera that works pretty well. With the wireless camera monitor I should be able to get rear view of trailer along with the sideview from trailer tech simultaneously - something I don't think I could get with the RAM camera even with the 12" screen. Ordering the XFQ camera kit with the truck is out, as it requires me to go from Laramie L1 to L2 making it a $3500 increase over L1. I don't need the L2 rear heated seats and USB ports at that price.

arude

Reaction score
I sprung for the L2. Its a beautiful truck and so far i go out every day after work to put miles on it so i can get enough to do a test tow. I will absolutely get the TTPMS when available as i dont have one now. I do have a wireless observation camera on the TT now but dont want to fool with another display on the dash with the new truck. However its not clear that the new camera is observation or backup only. I want observation as i like to see whats behind me as i go down the road. If it cant do that then looks like i got the XFQ for nothing (thats assuming that the dealer ever figures out what i should have gotten and delivers it). :( If backup only, i stick with what i have now..

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I sprung for the L2. Its a beautiful truck and so far i go out every day after work to put miles on it so i can get enough to do a test tow. I will absolutely get the TTPMS when available as i dont have one now. I do have a wireless observation camera on the TT now but dont want to fool with another display on the dash with the new truck. However its not clear that the new camera is observation or backup only. I want observation as i like to see whats behind me as i go down the road. If it cant do that then looks like i got the XFQ for nothing (thats assuming that the dealer ever figures out what i should have gotten and delivers it). :( If backup only, i stick with what i have now..
I don’t believe it will have observation because they would be liable for any accidents if you were looking at it while driving.

arude

Reaction score
Makes sense, then i save my bucks for new camera if all its good for is backing up into camp sites. Thats what i have my wife for..

HomelessBound

Reaction score
Take a good long look at the L2 features, it seems very speedy for what you get over L1:
heated rear seat (with three adjustment levels), dual-remote USB ports (charging-only), wireless charging pad (with bucket seats only), Uconnect® 8.4-inch touchscreen display (AM/FM/SAT/Bluetooth®/NAV/Voice) and premium 17-speaker Surround Sound system

Seems like a lot of fluff.

Buford T Justice

Reaction score
Hello, I just thought I would chime in. I added the kit yesterday. Very simple if you have some basic experience. From what I’m told, you can add the trailer camera kit onto models that have three wire openings on the plug located on the drivers side, side panel. There is no module that is added, just wiring and the replacement rear trailer plug (7 pin trailer and the camera plug which replaces the 4 pin). You can quickly check if the truck will take the kit by: Open the drivers door removing the dash side panel and verify that the visible plug has nothing in three pin locations. The wiring will plug three pins into this location and one pin will go to the fuse box location under the hood. Then the wiring runs to the back of the truck to the new plug on the bumper which is included in the kit. Everything is provided in the kit, but tools and silicone. The camera is another option that I’m told is still on back order.

To install: You need to remove the front and rear drivers side wheel wells and the spare. Feed the wiring from the gas tank forward. Run three wires under the dash and one to fuse box. Feed wires to rear and zip tie down with included ties. Silicone feed through and install wires and ground lead. Install new plug on rear and reinstall wells and tire. Once you run the kit, you will need the dealer to add the option on the systems to the option list for the vin and reflash the system for the trailer camera. Currently it shows a blank blue screen till the camera is added. I can update you with the directions tomorrow on how to quickly tell if your model is capable for upgrade. Once reflashed the trailer icon will be seen on your display. Hope this helps on the camera. Still waiting for the ttpms kit to become available. Then I’ll install that.

djulien

Reaction score
Hello, I just thought I would chime in. I added the kit yesterday. Very simple if you have some basic experience. From what I’m told, you can add the trailer camera kit onto models that have three wire openings on the plug located on the drivers side, side panel. There is no module that is added, just wiring and the replacement rear trailer plug (7 pin trailer and the camera plug which replaces the 4 pin). You can quickly check if the truck will take the kit by: Open the drivers door removing the dash side panel and verify that the visible plug has nothing in three pin locations. The wiring will plug three pins into this location and one pin will go to the fuse box location under the hood. Then the wiring runs to the back of the truck to the new plug on the bumper which is included in the kit. Everything is provided in the kit, but tools and silicone. The camera is another option that I’m told is still on back order.

To install: You need to remove the front and rear drivers side wheel wells and the spare. Feed the wiring from the gas tank forward. Run three wires under the dash and one to fuse box. Feed wires to rear and zip tie down with included ties. Silicone feed through and install wires and ground lead. Install new plug on rear and reinstall wells and tire. Once you run the kit, you will need the dealer to add the option on the systems to the option list for the vin and reflash the system for the trailer camera. Currently it shows a blank blue screen till the camera is added. I can update you with the directions tomorrow on how to quickly tell if your model is capable for upgrade. Once reflashed the trailer icon will be seen on your display. Hope this helps on the camera. Still waiting for the ttpms kit to become available. Then I’ll install that.
Pictures would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread