Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve ordered a 2021 with trailer Tpms as an option. Will all I need to do is add valve stem sensors to the trailer tires? Will it automatically recognize them? Not much info from Ram on factory installed as an option either. Want to have the fifth wheel ready for when the truck shows up, have a trip in November. Thanks in advance

There is a setup process to go through in the radio to learn the sensors in each wheel, each trailer. If you want to buy sensors to mount before you get the truck, the part number for kits or individual sensors is in the first post.

Your TTPMS order will come with 4 sensors in a bag along with a few other items like 2.5"-2" reducer sleeve, Upfitter wires if you have the Aux switches...

IamPurgatory

Reaction score
There is a setup process to go through in the radio to learn the sensors in each wheel, each trailer. If you want to buy sensors to mount before you get the truck, the part number for kits or individual sensors is in the first post.

Your TTPMS order will come with 4 sensors in a bag along with a few other items like 2.5"-2" reducer sleeve, Upfitter wires if you have the Aux switches...
awesome, thanks. I may go ahead and order a set of sensors and have them pre-mounted. Delivery date and trip date may be close

sainthalo65

Reaction score
I took delivery of my 2500 last week and also bought new RV tires to boot and had them installed on the RV was rims yesterday. Today I set it up through Uconnect for the paring. Fairly simple to do. Truck found the sensors of my 35 foot TT. Now all I have to do is hitch up and roll around for a while for the actual pressures to register pressure readings. Side note make sure the sensors actually fit your rims prior to purchase. As I’ve seen a post or two that had some issues with the valve stem size and their RV rims. Just food for thought before you prebuy them. I can’t remember the actual diameter. Maybe someone can answer that here on the forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

regal2800

Reaction score
Got it!

For everyone’s future reference, the bottom panel is not actually captured by theseatbelt bolt. There’s Just a clip and peg that are nearly impossible to get out because of pressure from the seatbelt mounting tab. With proper hand placement and pressure you can pop those out and the panel slides out. It was an *exceptional* pain to get back in though. If you ever have need to remove it just do yourself a favor and remove the back seat first.

Anywho, I got the screw out and reinstalled. The EVIC display showing “Trailer Tire Pressure System Not Configured” is displaying, now I just need the pressure setting screen to show up in the center display.

Are you getting the “Trailer Tire Pressure System Not Configured” message on every start up reglardess of which page the evic screen is on? I getting this message at every start up and i can't figure out how to get rid of it. I ordered the sensors and i am just waiting for the sensors before i can calibrate it. I am not sure if my situation is normal or not.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Are you getting the “Trailer Tire Pressure System Not Configured” message on every start up reglardess of which page the evic screen is on? I getting this message at every start up and i can't figure out how to get rid of it. I ordered the sensors and i am just waiting for the sensors before i can calibrate it. I am not sure if my situation is normal or not.
Nope, not getting that unless I go to the trailer screen and over to the tire pressure page.

Mine appears to be good to go. Just need to mount the sensors.

heyguy

Reaction score
Just curious (after programming) if the trailer needs to be plugged into the truck for it to be "looking" for the trailer tire pressures or if it just always starts working when the truck is close enough to the trailer.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Think it has to be hooked up and you rolling to read the air pressures.

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
2020 Jayco NorthPoint 382FL

Phil T

Reaction score
Just curious (after programming) if the trailer needs to be plugged into the truck for it to be "looking" for the trailer tire pressures or if it just always starts working when the truck is close enough to the trailer.
It needs to be plugged in and either some air released or moving to wake the sensors. They go to sleep.

mactek

Reaction score
I didn't realize we knew what part numbers were needed, i also just ordered the sensor module. Hopefully with it installed and the values in AlfaOBD enabled the TTPMS will just work. Another member from a different forum told me to enable in AlfaOBD, "P/T chassis net: TTPM" as it is the setting you would need to bring the hardware online.

I think the "P/T chassis net: TTPM" being enabled is absolutely needed after waiting 7 months for our 5th Wheel we finally got it on Tuesday and on Thursday I had the sensors installed and our 2020 RAM 3500 did not see them. I went back on the forum and saw that a few people were talking about enabling the "P/T chassis net: TTPM". I logged into AlphaOBD and changed the setting and then tried to sync up to the sensors and it worked.

ram5thwheel

Reaction score
Has anyone posted a picture of the display or EVIC showing what it looks like when showing the trailer tire pressures when selected in the EVIC?

ram5thwheel

Reaction score
Like this?
Hey! Thanks for the image. We have three new HD Rams in family and all looking to add the TPM upgrade. Appreciate the quick response. Question: If you have two trailers out of the four possible in Trailer setup and only one has the TPM sensors, how does that work? I have a utility trailer besides my 5th wheel and only the 5th wheel would be set up with the sensors. Thanks!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to politely ask that if anyone wrecks their BCM settings and needs help recovering, you start your own thread.

This thread is already out of control and this will serve the purpose of getting you help quicker and possibly becoming a reference for others experiencing the same issue without trudging through (as of current count) 52 pages of Trailer TPMS posts.

Thanks for understanding.

jpaeth

Reaction score
I'm going to politely ask that if anyone wrecks their BCM settings and needs help recovering, you start your own thread.

This thread is already out of control and this will serve the purpose of getting you help quicker and possibly becoming a reference for others experiencing the same issue without trudging through (as of current count) 52 pages of Trailer TPMS posts.

Thanks for understanding.
Sorry about that.. will do in the future

Thorvald

Reaction score
If your truck came with this option from the factory was it supposed to include the sensors in the bag of spare parts? When I picked up my truck the sensors were supposedly back ordered forever but when I opened the bag I found a set of sensors.

So I just assume they actually had them in stock but I want to know if they come with the truck so I can see if they still have a parts order there for me that I can cancel now.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If your truck came with this option from the factory was it supposed to include the sensors in the bag of spare parts? When I picked up my truck the sensors were supposedly back ordered forever but when I opened the bag I found a set of sensors.

So I just assume they actually had them in stock but I want to know if they come with the truck so I can see if they still have a parts order there for me that I can cancel now.
If you order the Trailer TPMS option, it comes with 4 sensors.

It's one of those things on the checklist for taking deliver on a new truck.

Users who are viewing this thread