Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tpms temporarily unavailable 22 Ram 2500

BadKarma

Reaction score
On my way home my tpms started flashing. The system says TPMS temporarily, unavailable. Then will flash and display tire pressures then flash and go back to the fault.

Factory wheels and tires.

Last edited:

BadKarma

Reaction score
Ram app says it’s tpms failure. However, it displays the current tpms (correct as I checked with my gauge)

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
On my way home my tpms started flashing. The system says TPMS temporarily, unavailable. Then will flash and display tire pressures then flash and go back to the fault.

Factory wheels and tires.

Mine would do that from time to time, before it was fixed properly.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Fixed properly? What did they do. Truck is stock.

Put new rims and tires on with no sensors in them, plain valve stems. Ignoring the start up screen and the light is easy after a short bit and no red screen flashing mid-drive is nice.

Tri J

Reaction score
Just hit 7000 miles. Mine has done it twice, on the same road, about the exact location. Checked tires, all good, park it in the garage. Next time I leave, everything goes back to normal. Maybe I'm driving through a radioactive wasteland that's altering the tpms?

• Haha
Reactions: jak

Chris85xlt

Reaction score
has happened to me 3 times in the 26K miles ive driven. couple days later everything is back to normal. Ive brought it to the dealership but no codes found or see anything wrong

BadKarma

Reaction score
Yes, mine has gone a way. However since these codes pop up I have noticed a few start ups that say service tpms flashes but then goes away. Truck mostly sits now for the last 2 months but the first 5-6 months of ownership was driven daily 80-90 miles.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Just hit 7000 miles. Mine has done it twice, on the same road, about the exact location.

Is it a road with toll transponders by any chance? Mine just did it for the first time, and I was thinking it might be a correlation.

Tri J

Reaction score
Nope. 2 lane highway with cow pastures on both sides.
But, it hasn't done since my last post and I've traveled that road many times. Getting near 11k miles now.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Nope. 2 lane highway with cow pastures on both sides.
But, it hasn't done since my last post and I've traveled that road many times. Getting near 11k miles now.

Must have been coincidence, then. It didn't trip mine on the way back the same route, either.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I had that happen and also noticed the radio was doing an update. Figured it was something to do with the update. Next time I started it, TPMS message was gone and so was the update message.

Users who are viewing this thread