Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS not working

Matt58

Reaction score
Finally installed new wheels and tires. The TPMS sensors were working just fine and gave me PSI for each tire in the screen like it should.

After about a day and a half, they stopped reading and the screen states “tire pressure temporarily unavailable.” It has done that at start up ever since.

This morning, the tire pressure screen popped up with the correct PSI for each tire, then quickly disappeared and gave me the same screen as stated above.

Anyone have any ideas?

I’m not terribly concerned about it since my Low PSI light will be on anyway since I’m well below the stock PSI, but knowing what each tire at would be nice!

Thanks all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Are they mopar or aftermarket sensors? Also you can lower tpms thresh holds with alpha obd also some of us have had good luck with the fill tire alert setting the tires low

Matt58

Reaction score
They are the stock sensors that came off the stock wheels.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing new wheels and tires. Does anyone know what TPMS I need to purchase? Not really interested in purchasing the Million Dollar sensors by Mopar, but hoping for aftermarket sensors. Did RAM use the same sensors on the 2022 RAM 2500's they used on prior models such as the 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021?

matemike

Reaction score
@Matt58,
Did you find a solution to this problem, or did the problem go away?

My 2022 2500 with stock wheels and tires, 2100 miles just got the message today, "tire pressure monitoring system temporarily unavailable".
One engine shut down and start-up later and the message is still there.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Still a lot of BUGS in the UConnect 5 system. I find myself trying to punch icons on the screen constantly while driving down the road just to get my system to play music. I usually listen to my own music from the 2 USB thumb drives, but the system will revert to FM settings while driving and/or the screen locks up. This means in order to reset the system safely I must pull off the road, shut down the truck and reboot the system or take the chance of rebooting while moving 70 MPH and running off the road. We are almost a year into this new UConnect5 system and still many bugs. A friend of mine owns a 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander and her system is practically flawless.

matemike

Reaction score
Still a lot of BUGS in the UConnect 5 system. I find myself trying to punch icons on the screen constantly while driving down the road just to get my system to play music. I usually listen to my own music from the 2 USB thumb drives, but the system will revert to FM settings while driving and/or the screen locks up. This means in order to reset the system safely I must pull off the road, shut down the truck and reboot the system or take the chance of rebooting while moving 70 MPH and running off the road. We are almost a year into this new UConnect5 system and still many bugs. A friend of mine owns a 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander and her system is practically flawless.
Just wondering, do you have the 8.4" or 12" screen?

My TPMS started working again suddenly. No effort made on my part. However, a day after they started working, at one engine shut down I got a black and yellow warning page on the U5 screen that tire pressure was low,, (nothing on the driver's cluster display) but all were showing regular pressures. Hasn't come back in 5 days now. weird things.

I have the 8.4" screen and it has been relatively trouble free. The bluetooth carplay cuts in and out, so I just use a phone cord and all works smooth when plugged in. During one short drive the front left speakers were not working, but when I unplugged my phone they started working again. This used to happen in my 2011 gmc 1500 from time to time as well. Might be a phone or cord thing.

Gofast23

Reaction score

My TPMS started working again suddenly. No effort made on my part. However, a day after they started working, at one engine shut down I got a black and yellow warning page on the U5 screen that tire pressure was low,, (nothing on the driver's cluster display) but all were showing regular pressures. Hasn't come back in 5 days now. weird things.

I have the 8.4" screen and it has been relatively trouble free. The bluetooth carplay cuts in and out, so I just use a phone cord and all works smooth when plugged in. During one short drive the front left speakers were not working, but when I unplugged my phone they started working again. This used to happen in my 2011 gmc 1500 from time to time as well. Might be a phone or cord thing.
I've had the exact same problems as you. A couple days after taking delivery, the left front speaker went out. Worked fine on next startup and has never ben a problem since. This past weekend, I got the "Tire Pressure Temporarily Unavailable" message. Took a couple of restarts, but it appears to be working fine now. Only time will tell. These little gremlins are not a great feeling, especially coming from a 2020 Ram 1500 that worked nearly flawless.

Scubaz66

Reaction score

I have the 8.4 screen. I think most of the problem comes from the actual touch screen not being sensitive enough to the touch.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Update to my UConnect5 TPMS PROBLEM!! As I mentioned earlier, dealer refused to contact me with updates as they promised. Ram Cares "NOT" also stated a new software update was due out by the end of Oct. "NOT"! At least not for my VIN#

Therefore I chose to drive to the nearest Ram Dealership once again requesting information regarding why a $65K 2022 Truck still doesn't operate properly as the 2023 are churning down the assemble line.

Service Tech showed me a piece of paper with directions regarding the Selectable Tire Fill Alert System with a Note: The Tire Fill Alert System disables each time the ignition is placed in the off position. The feature must be re-enabled through the radio each time the ignition is placed back in the Run position.

I know for a fact I did not have to re-enable this system each time I started my truck and the information applied stayed in memory from Jan 2022-Sept 2022 through hundreds of ignition cycles.

So! Seems the software was working properly for 9 months and now "NO LONGER WORKS"!!!!

The TPMS was mandated by the US Government several years back due to Safety Issues and all manufactures were required to add this system to their vehicles in order to sell these vehicles in the United States.

What this tells me, is, RAM is "NOT" meeting US Government Mandates and eventually enough people will die in automobile crashes due to the system malfunctioning and several million dollars later RAM will pay the few thousand dollars to have the Software folks fix the problem.

RAM CARES!! Talk to me!!! I know you are monitoring this forum.....

Rangedust

Reaction score
I have a 2022 ram 2500. The TPMS unavailable has been going on and off since I drove it home off the lot. Have you heard of any fixes for it yet? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread