Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing without spring bars

smokedbystang

Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 6.4 with 4.10 gears. I tow my 28' Winnebago travel trailer with a Blue Ox WD sway pro hitch and have no issues.
A friend has a 38' Jayco travel trailer and needs it moved to another property 30 miles away. Im going to use my hitch but will not be able to connect the spring bars. Will this be safe going down the highway for 30 miles?? Just looking for tips for towing without sway bars. Thanks.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 6.4 with 4.10 gears. I tow my 28' Winnebago travel trailer with a Blue Ox WD hitch with sway control and have no issues.
A friend has a 38' Jayco travel trailer and needs it moved to another property 30 miles away. Im going to use my hitch but will not be able to connect the bars. Will this be safe going down the highway for 30 miles?? Just looking for tips for towing without sway bars. Thanks.
I dont run a weight distributing hitch unless really needed you will be more than fine aslong as you have a hitch rated for it

Xflight29

Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 6.4 with 4.10 gears. I tow my 28' Winnebago travel trailer with a Blue Ox WD hitch with sway control and have no issues.
A friend has a 38' Jayco travel trailer and needs it moved to another property 30 miles away. Im going to use my hitch but will not be able to connect the bars. Will this be safe going down the highway for 30 miles?? Just looking for tips for towing without sway bars. Thanks.
of course you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread