Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing Tires upgrade from Transforce

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
That was definitely not my experience. They were as loud as toyo MT's and Nitto Trail Grapplers ive had in the past. They howled. Maybe i had a bad batch but i was not impressed.

Most find them loud after some initial wear.

I think @H3LZSN1P3R must be deaf or needs to turn down the music.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Thanks for posting up what you guys are running, it has given me some ideas. I ran the Duratracs on a 2012 Tundra when I worked up in Leduc Canada and they worked great on that truck but was not sure how they would work on a truck that weighed 8500#.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I feel like the Ridge Grapplers feel right at home on a heavy truck, they’re basically Toyos. Toyos will serve you well. Any of the offerings from Copper will give you a good experience. Lots of good tires out there. I didn't catch your location, but I live in the south and don’t need to worry about snow or ice.

I am a BFG fan, but I would stay away from the BFG KO AT they’re absolute junk and they’re the Ultimate fudd tire. People only run them because that’s what their daddy always ran and so that’s what they’ve always run and they never figured out that there are (much) better tires out there.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thanks for posting up what you guys are running, it has given me some ideas. I ran the Duratracs on a 2012 Tundra when I worked up in Leduc Canada and they worked great on that truck but was not sure how they would work on a truck that weighed 8500#.
Thats pretty much all we put on service trucks that are upwards of 12k loaded

Don-T

Reaction score
I have been using Toyo Open Country C/T tires on my last few trucks. They are good stiff heavy tires that work well in snow .

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Im really liking the cooper at3 ltx i have 20k km on them (12k miles) they are at about 3/4 tread with plowing and heavy towing i am hoping for about 80k km (50k miles) but we shall see

but my usual go to is Goodyear Duratracs i tend to get 60k miles from a set and they are great for plowing and anything i throw at them
I just ordered 5 of the Cooper At3 XLT 275/70/18 yesterday for the new 2022 on order, how are these working in the snow for you in Canada. I thought about the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W or Pathfinder AT but wasn't sure about heavy towing with those. It's not to late to change as I have not mounted anything yet on the new Battle Born wheels that just showed up today.

What air pressure are you running dry summer months/ winter/ towing.

I came across this guy in Alaska using the Cooper AT3 XLT on this old Power Stroke with this huge camper doing overland stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_6109.JPG
    IMG_6109.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6110.JPG
    IMG_6110.JPG
    382.4 KB · Views: 15

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I just ordered 5 of the Cooper At3 XLT 275/70/18 yesterday for the new 2022 on order, how are these working in the snow for you in Canada. I thought about the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W or Pathfinder AT but wasn't sure about heavy towing with those. It's not to late to change as I have not mounted anything yet on the new Battle Born wheels that just showed up today.

What air pressure are you running dry summer months/ winter/ towing.

I came across this guy in Alaska using the Cooper AT3 XLT on this old Power Stroke with this huge camper doing overland stuff.

For winter they work great i often am only plowing in 2wd with these tires I run 60/60 year round thats where they wear flat and i bump the rears up when towing to 70/75 depending on the trailer…. I love them i am considering a new set when these wear out
B5B0722E-8241-4C2C-9BEC-ADC0565B6B9E.jpeg

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
For winter they work great i often am only plowing in 2wd with these tires I run 60/60 year round thats where they wear flat and i bump the rears up when towing to 70/75 depending on the trailer…. I love them i am considering a new set when these wear out
View attachment 21459
Thanks for your input on the tires and how they are working for you.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Heard Goodyear bought Cooper…never was A fan of Goodyear tires.
Thats one thing i dont believe as fountain tire( goodyear shop) does not sell coopers

GBB

Reaction score
Thats one thing i dont believe as fountain tire( goodyear shop) does not sell coopers
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is acquiring Cooper in a deal with an equity value of $2.8 billion that will combine the two century-old Ohio manufacturers. Cooper, founded in 1914, is the 5th largest tire maker in North America based on revenue. The company has about 10,000 employees in 15 countries.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is acquiring Cooper in a deal with an equity value of $2.8 billion that will combine the two century-old Ohio manufacturers. Cooper, founded in 1914, is the 5th largest tire maker in North America based on revenue. The company has about 10,000 employees in 15 countries.
Ah so it has not happened yet

Users who are viewing this thread