Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing Technology package in tradesman

firefly450

Reaction score
Just trying to compare the tradesman with PW package vs the Power wagon itself.
Does the Towing Technology package available with the tradesman have the front facing camera?
On build and price, it says it has the surround view , but I am not sure how well it would work with the small 5" screen.
And I have yet to see the front camera on a tradesman, nor the front camera icon on the 5inch screen.
Does anyone know? I am pricing a loaded tradesman vs a mild PW and trying to decide between the two.
Thank you!

Stavo

Reaction score
Best I was able to work out with the salesman and the 'ordering finance guy', the Tradesman doesn't get the full towing technology group b/c the 8.4" screen is not available and is required by the camera system... and now I have a $57k truck on order.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
Thats the way I understood it too Stavo. I probably would have gone with a Tradesman if it could have had the full Tow Tech camera system.

Mike1669

Reaction score
I was just wondering this myself. The build and price website just, within the last week stated the surround view camera when you select the tech package. I’m looking to build a tradesman, with the tech. Can anyone confirm that the tradesman will not include the front camera?

Reaction score
I was just wondering this myself. The build and price website just, within the last week stated the surround view camera when you select the tech package. I’m looking to build a tradesman, with the tech. Can anyone confirm that the tradesman will not include the front camera?

Yeah, I checked the website because of this thread and it certainly says the 360 camera is included in the towing package and doesn't force an upgrade from the 5 inch screen. Of course, we know the Ram Build and Price config tool is notoriously inaccurate.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Even he fleet guide says tow technology package includes surround view...and it says tradesman can get the tow technology package.

Another one of those damn issues they need to resolve. They even bragged about the tow technology group being available on all trims

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
You will need alot more the radio. Not sure what mirrors you get with the package. Very curious to actually see one that supposedly has the package.

firefly450

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the responses, I guess we will have to wait til we see one in person. And to Mike, Semper Fi. USMC 1988 to 1992. Mark

Users who are viewing this thread