Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing a Boat

ChrisC

Reaction score
I’m picking up a new boat weighing about 5000lbs tomorrow. Should I be hitting that button on my panel that says Tow/Haul when towing? I have a 2018 Laramie 2500 Cummins. Ty

Burton12387

Reaction score
Do you have to? Will it hurt the truck if you don’t? - no.

That being said, I’m in a similar position as you, and I use tow haul mode and the exhaust brake to mainly save on brake pads. Let the engine/transmission do what they were designed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisC

Reaction score

That being said, I’m in a similar position as you, and I use tow haul mode and the exhaust brake to mainly save on brake pads. Let the engine/transmission do what they were designed to do.

Thanks Burton. That answer is good enough for me. I bought this truck new knowing one day I’d have the boat of my dreams and now that the day has come, I just wanted to do things right. I’ve always used the exhaust brake and found it saves me on braking.

Xflight29

Reaction score

I’m picking up a new boat weighing about 5000lbs tomorrow. Should I be hitting that button on my panel that says Tow/Haul when towing? I have a 2018 Laramie 2500 Cummins. Ty

7K with tow-haul on.
Screenshot_20220322-163041_Cloud.jpg

waveslayer

Reaction score
I only run tow haul if the teuck constantly is searching for a gear, then I'll run it. 5K isn't much but the tow haul just changes shift points.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Flat towing I don’t run TH. Trips up to Vegas or higher elevation areas I will run TH. I tow 5k lbs with my Hemi 6.4.

Users who are viewing this thread