Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Units

Reaction score
Customer retention, they’re going to offer you a buy back. Been there done that. Hopefully for you it’s favorable terms.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
660 miles since I picked it up from dealer.

View attachment 72472

Give it another 1500-2000 miles of ignorant bliss and hook to the heaviest thing you can find, then find the steepest hill you can, and do laps with it at redline up and downhill. You’ll get a new engine quicker than you will with the current issue.

Dinky503

Reaction score
Give it another 1500-2000 miles of ignorant bliss and hook to the heaviest thing you can find, then find the steepest hill you can, and do laps with it at redline up and downhill. You’ll get a new engine quicker than you will with the current issue.

I tow almost daily 10-15k told the dealer and Ram I can't send my truck in for repairs till I get a rental this time. I will easily have another 500 miles till that happens. Last time since the oil level was normal since I changed it. They wouldn't take my word on it so they will get it full of deisel this time like the want.

Enve46

Reaction score
I tow almost daily 10-15k told the dealer and Ram I can't send my truck in for repairs till I get a rental this time. I will easily have another 500 miles till that happens. Last time since the oil level was normal since I changed it. They wouldn't take my word on it so they will get it full of deisel this time like the want.
If the oil is that high now, another 500 miles it’ll be pushing oil out bad probably into the turbo. Maybe you’ll have a runaway

Dinky503

Reaction score
If the oil is that high now, another 500 miles it’ll be pushing oil out bad probably into the turbo. Maybe you’ll have a runaway

We can only hope.. obviously no one at Ram or the dealership really care that much. They know I am driving it and won't go in for repairs untill I have a rental. If they thought it was that bad they would of came and picked my truck up and dropped me a ride off.

Enve46

Reaction score
We can only hope.. obviously no one at Ram or the dealership really care that much. They know I am driving it and won't go in for repairs untill I have a rental. If they thought it was that bad they would have came and picked my truck up and dropped me a ride off.
i assume no family is riding in this thing anymore?

Dinky503

Reaction score
i assume no family is riding in this thing anymore?

No one but myself. I have 6mo and 3yr old no way I would have them in there. The smoke alone was when they stopped riding in it. Only reason I drive it, I don't have a truck to continue operation for work. Our crews drive the rest and I operate different then they do.

Enve46

Reaction score
No one but myself. I have 6mo and 3yr old no way I would have them in there. The smoke alone was when they stopped riding in it. Only reason I drive it, I don't have a truck to continue operation for work. Our crews drive the rest and I operate different than they do.
Don’t blame you one bit. I’d keep all valuables that are not easily replaceable out of it if you haven’t already. Just in case.

firemansdiesel

Reaction score
Well, there’s one way to take care of the truck and collect without the dealer‘s route. Since you’re in Oregon. Drive up to Portland and park next to Portland State Unversity. Leave a sign on it that says ”I support Trump” & “Israel. I’m almost 109% sure your truck will be burnt to the ground within minutes. Then collect.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Was the smoke coming out of the tailpipe or engine compartment?
If it is coming out under the hood the most likely cause is an exhaust leak. Under normal operating conditions you won't notice a small leak, but when the ecm is actively dosing fuel for regeneration you will get smoke out of the leak
I’m wondering if there’s a crack in the flexible portion of the down pipe. Wouldn’t be the easiest to spot, especially with the corrugated metal and the heat shield around it. Would be easy for the smoke to get drawn into the cab at that location, especially with the hvac drawing outside air. IMG_6322.jpeg

Dinky503

Reaction score
I’m wondering if there’s a crack in the flexible portion of the down pipe. Wouldn’t be the easiest to spot, especially with the corrugated metal and the heat shield around it. Would be easy for the smoke to get drawn into the cab at that location, especially with the hvac drawing outside air. View attachment 72480

I've crawled under there a few times to look but it stops smoking once regen kicks off. once you open the door or put it in park it shuts off. I would imagine it would something like that or they forgot to tighten some bolts on some flanges lol.

Dinky503

Reaction score
Well, there’s one way to take care of the truck and collect without the dealer‘s route. Since you’re in Oregon. Drive up to Portland and park next to Portland State Unversity. Leave a sign on it that says ”I support Trump” & “Israel. I’m almost 109% sure your truck will be burnt to the ground within minutes. Then collect.

Lol your are probably not wrong at all.

werard

Reaction score
The auto regen screen is on which page? or does it just pop up on screen? Asking as I have never seen it on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread