Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Trash Panda

Reaction score
I’m counting my lucky stars that my 22 has not shown any signs of this issue yet at 60k miles, but god damn it’s got me plenty worried about it.

It’s amazing the problem can be so wide spread and there is nothing from the manufacturer to address it, despite it being mostly the 22’s.

They obviously have addressed something to mitigate it in other years.

flan

Reaction score
I imagine a software flash will be in the works. CARB approval ( :rolleyes:) is probably taking a bit after the last 13-19 ram emission fiasco. I speculate the ultimate fix will be a SW flash as no hard parts have seemed to fix it completely.

Dinky503

Reaction score
I imagine a software flash will be in the works. CARB approval ( :rolleyes:) is probably taking a bit after the last 13-19 ram emission fiasco. I speculate the ultimate fix will be a SW flash as no hard parts have seemed to fix it completely.

It's been flashes once, but I am sure they have other programs to try. With the fuel dilution I had I wonder if motor internals are not 100%? I would imagine as picky as the system is 1 part would throw it off. Having the leak in regen obviously there is a leak in the system and could cause issues as well.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
The DPF replacement seems to have my 22 functioning normally, but I suspect the DPF is a symptom rather than a cause. It took 18,000 miles for it fail the first time, and assuming the same conditions it will fail again sometime after the factory warranty period.

oledirteh

Reaction score
The DPF replacement seems to have my 22 functioning normally, but I suspect the DPF is a symptom rather than a cause. It took 18,000 miles for it fail the first time, and assuming the same conditions it will fail again sometime after the factory warranty period.

you reminded me, not overdue but just ordered my oil change kit before i tow heavy next week Lol

Riddick

Reaction score

The OP has an exhaust leak somewhere that's letting exhaust get into the cab. There is no software flash available that will cure this unless its eliminating emission controls all together.

Dinky503

Reaction score
The OP has an exhaust leak somewhere that's letting exhaust get into the cab. There is no software flash available that will cure this unless its eliminating emission controls all together.

I never had the exhaust leak untill they started working on my truck.... they have done probably everything they think they know but no one listened to the customer. I would imagine having a leak in the exhaust system will not help regens. They might of Replaced a lot of the parts but seems to be half ass done. I will say if anyone ever has this many issues with the dealership Just contact the Attorney General.

Riddick

Reaction score
My bad, for some reason I was thinking the smoke in the cab has been present all along. Yup, time to BURN IT DOWN!! :)

oledirteh

Reaction score
20 years ago or so there used to be a dealer out here that i guess consistently screwed over a dude to the point he painted his truck with all types of stuff saying LEMON MY TRUCK and DODGE DOESNT CARE and all other types of stuff and he would park right on the street in front of the dealer every day for hours. he was always there. felt bad for the dude but he was clearly at his limit.

Dinky503

Reaction score
20 years ago or so there used to be a dealer out here that i guess consistently screwed over a dude to the point he painted his truck with all types of stuff saying LEMON MY TRUCK and DODGE DOESNT CARE and all other types of stuff and he would park right on the street in front of the dealer every day for hours. he was always there. felt bad for the dude but he was clearly at his limit.

Lmao I have thought about that! If it gets any worse I will make a video to paint my picture and push it on social media. There is a local guy that takes his truck to that dealer. He is have some issues as well and he told them he doesn't want his truck to end up like mine lmao. It definitely got the service managers full attention.

Enve46

Reaction score
About the same. 500miles 4 regens last time.

Ram reached out to me, said my case was escalated to the highest level of customer care. We will see how this goes.
“Highest level of customer care” like there should be levels to this **** hahaha

YosemiteSam

Reaction score
Jesus I read all 20 pages continually hoping for a result. Now I have blue... yea. I will be following this thread.

Dinky503

Reaction score
Retention?! They should be looking to move you along, quickly hahahaha

Lmao I laughed pretty hard when I read the email signature. I emailed them back with all the outlining issues and how thing got worse and nothing is fixed. I would need a rental truck so I can continue to work. Nothing back yet. We will find out how well this plays out STAY TUNED!

Users who are viewing this thread