Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much chrome?

huey130

Reaction score
The front of my 2023 is too blingy for me. I have the grill with the chrome slats and with all the extra trim around the headlights its a bit much.
So:
Has anyone made a page showing all the grill options?
I like the grill that's mostly black with the chrome ram and just the chrome slats to the left and right of the logo.
Which model does that one come on and can I swap it over?
Do they the grills have the camera mount?

Next option would be to tape them off and spray paint them...

Hambone11

Reaction score
The front of my 2023 is too blingy for me. I have the grill with the chrome slats and with all the extra trim around the headlights its a bit much.
So:
Has anyone made a page showing all the grill options?
I like the grill that's mostly black with the chrome ram and just the chrome slats to the left and right of the logo.
Which model does that one come on and can I swap it over?
Do they the grills have the camera mount?

Next option would be to tape them off and spray paint them...
My 22 2500 bighorn with the sport package had the black grill with the chrome RAM and chrome slats as you described. It did not have the front camera mount. I’ve since traded it in for a ‘24 Laramie with the full chrome grill.

CdnHO

Reaction score
More chrome.
IMG_2569.jpegMy 22 2500 bighorn with the sport package had the black grill with the chrome RAM and chrome slats as you described. It did not have the front camera mount. I’ve since traded it in for a ‘24 Laramie with the full chrome grill.

Enve46

Reaction score
Leave the chrome. The blacked out truck look is over played. Laramie grills are painted to match with chrome slats that you’re referring to I think, referred to the sport package. color match is also an option but personally I like the chrome as it’s less common

CdnHO

Reaction score
Leave the chrome. The blacked out truck look is over played. Laramie grills are painted to match with chrome slats that you’re referring to I think, referred to the sport package. color match is also an option but personally I like the chrome as it’s less common
Also easier to clean the bugs off without scratching the $hit out of the finish.

Shots

Reaction score
It sounds more like they're describing the Big Horn grille to me.
"I like the grill that's mostly black with the chrome ram and just the chrome slats to the left and right of the logo."
1713453342069.png

Laramie grille is mostly chrome:
1713453380241.png

Shots

Reaction score
Worth noting, the Big Horn image above is of the Sport grille. The Non-sport Big Horn grille (below) has a chrome surround too (and chrome bumpers). The center part of the grille is the same between sport/non-sport, but the surround isn't.
1713453554594.png

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Worth noting, the Big Horn image above is of the Sport grille. The Non-sport Big Horn grille (below) has a chrome surround too (and chrome bumpers). The center part of the grille is the same between sport/non-sport, but the surround isn't.
View attachment 71908
I had not stopped to evaluate the differences in the Bighorn grilles thanks for pointing that out. I like my black sport 2500 although I'd like to ditch the sport decal.

Hambone11

Reaction score
I had not stopped to evaluate the differences in the Bighorn grilles thanks for pointing that out. I like my black sport 2500 although I'd like to ditch the sport decal.
Taking off the sport sticker was the first thing I did on mine. I used a heat gun to warm up the sticker and it came off easily in one piece.

Shots

Reaction score
Plastidip and hyperdip work wonders
Interesting. I've heard of Plastidip (it's been around a long time), but hyperdip is new to me. Seems like it's geared more for automotive use, whereas plastidip is just something people found it could be used for.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Don’t you have a thread here somewhere that you did that on? Or maybe I’m remembering wrong.
Plasti dipped my chrome, including the rear bumper.

Personally think the tradesman grille is the best looking grille

Also, Swapped in night edition headlights and black badges (also could be dipped to save money)

IMG_6016.jpeg
IMG_6015.jpeg

steve49

Reaction score
I have the painted bumpers and trim around the grill and it look good also, but doesn't take long to get stone chips, the chrome holds up better! Been thinking of switching over to the chrome, but it is expensive to do if buying new parts!

unclelala

Reaction score
I have the painted bumpers and trim around the grill and it look good also, but doesn't take long to get stone chips, the chrome holds up better! Been thinking of switching over to the chrome, but it is expensive to do if buying new parts!
I would rather have to touch up the paint than looking at the old fella chrome. I put the PPF when new which has kept it pretty good so far for 2 and a half years.

Users who are viewing this thread