Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tires.

Bowzer_83

Reaction score
Hello all. Looking for advice on tires for a 2022 ram 2500 6.7L in a all-terrain that are winter rated with the triple snowflake emblem. Looking for opinions on what guys are using that they’ve had the best success with especially for being under a heavier truck. I’ve never owned a HD before and have always had good luck with duratracs but always found they had the heaviest impact on mpg as well very noisy and bad for throwing rocks. I’ve never owned a set of BFG K02’s but have read nothing but mixed reviews on guys either love ‘em or hate em. I’m trying to decide from either the K02’s, toyo open country AT3, or general grabbers. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Also thinking of going from factory size 33.5 to a 285/75/18 wich measures 34.8 but not sure how great of an impact that will have on my diesel if anyone with that setup wants to chime in on that as well would be greatly appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
at3 is a fantastic 3 peak tire. falken is the current rage. I'm trying out a milestar patagonia right now, from a 37" kanati armor hog atx. the patagonia so gar is a great tire.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I've run 35" BFG KO2s on my Power Wagon with no issues. Never got them in the snow though. Have run them on a lot of other rigs as well. Kind of my go-to tire.
Have Toyo open country RTs in 37 on my 1500. Run great in the sand dunes. A little noisy on the road.
Currently running 35" MT Baja Boss AT on the Power Wagon. Worked great this winter in snow and thick mud.
Next set will either be the MTs or I may switch to the new wikdpeak AT4s. Either in 35 or might step up to 37s.

kirk-35

Reaction score
Take a look at the Hercules Terra Trac AT-X or the Terra Trac T/G Max. I ran the AT -X on my wife’s 1500 and they were an awesome tire. I ran the T/G Max on my 2011 2500 and I refuse to even consider another tire for my truck. I’m about to replace the factory Firestones with the T/G’s on my ’24.

Jackrabbit

Reaction score
I have bfg ko2’s on my 2500 and they seem to be wearing well and are good in snow.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I just put the new Duratrac RT’s on my truck and am really happy. 3PMSF and a mileage warranty. They are slightly less aggressive than the original Duratrac. They do awesome in the snow and ice, are very quiet, and don’t seem to be giving me much of a mileage hit despite all the added tread over the Trashforce AT’s.

I ran the Cooper AT3’s on my previous Ram, but I like these Duratrac RT’s better.

The wife has Fallen Wildpeak AT3’s on her gladiator and they are also a great option.

.genomer

Reaction score
The Falkens are great for road noise and all around grip. Don't over inflat them though, I made the mistake and lost about 20% tread life. The chalk test is real!

Currently just threw on 37" Baja legend EXP's. Man they seem to be quiet too. Time will tell.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I've run 35" BFG KO2s on my Power Wagon with no issues. Never got them in the snow though. Have run them on a lot of other rigs as well. Kind of my go-to tire.
Have Toyo open country RTs in 37 on my 1500. Run great in the sand dunes. A little noisy on the road.
Currently running 35" MT Baja Boss AT on the Power Wagon. Worked great this winter in snow and thick mud.
Next set will either be the MTs or I may switch to the new wikdpeak AT4s. Either in 35 or might step up to 37s.

A Cummins will shred KO2's.

Saw they have a new "HD" tire, maybe that one can hold up.

whitexc

Reaction score
at3 is a fantastic 3 peak tire. falken is the current rage. I'm trying out a milestar patagonia right now, from a 37" kanati armor hog atx. the patagonia so gar is a great tire.

Have you run these in snow?

Sent from me

Users who are viewing this thread