Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Size Calibration, Shift Points and Tire Pressure Adjust(warnings/setpoints)

Dave88LX

Reaction score
maybe better verbage on my part would be it restores the shift points to where they were with stock size tires and where RAM intended them to be which is what the procal does when calibrating the speedo for increased tire size. I definitely noticed a difference as did my buddy who got one shortly after I did and he had been running 35's for a while before getting the snap. I only ran 35's for a short time before recalibrating mine.
I'm interested in the shift points and if I need to be concerned.
I have 37s on my 3500 non-PW truck. I have AlfaOBD and a OBDLink MX adapter. Need to get bypass cable.

Does changing the tire size address the shift points based on the tire size and speed being correct? Or does something else need to be addressed?

I'm willing to use a different product if necessary.

Thank you.

jadmt

Reaction score
I'm interested in the shift points and if I need to be concerned.
I have 37s on my 3500 non-PW truck. I have AlfaOBD and a OBDLink MX adapter. Need to get bypass cable.

Does changing the tire size address the shift points based on the tire size and speed being correct? Or does something else need to be addressed?

I'm willing to use a different product if necessary.

Thank you.
calibrating for the tire size will do it.

PMHQ

Reaction score
I gotta say, I just got done with using AlphaOBD, and it was pretty easy.... I adjusted My TPMS to 35 and adjusted for 37s....I like that it goes down to the Millimeter instead of .25in like the Procal, but I am OCD.....I have a Procal coming for my 2022, that I will never use---I bought AlphaOBD because I did not want to wait and I am not disappointed! I can adjust so much other stuff that it boggles my mind! I am going to put the option back on that shows which gear I am in, as I miss that from my 2019 1500 Limited....The fog light drop out with the high beams is another I might try out as I like to go out in the desert a lot at night.......I cant say enough about it....Thank you fellas that helped me out with it (I saved all of the instructions in an envelope in my truck and on my Desktop for others to utilize) Stay blessed and Happy New Year

adamkeenum

Reaction score
I'm using hypertech to just reprogram tire size and have my TPMS light on, so not ideal. I felt like the truck drove better with the tire size corrected. Been hoping AEV's procal would be updated to support the PW. Some have used it with success.

Tazer RAM and AlfaOBD are options that I know of where you can change tire diameter and TMPS along with a lot of other options, both require a security module to be bypassed. From my understanding the Kaodtech security bypass is the easiest option. Think there is a thread on here about it.

I'm using hypertech to just reprogram tire size and have my TPMS light on, so not ideal. I felt like the truck drove better with the tire size corrected. Been hoping AEV's procal would be updated to support the PW. Some have used it with success.

Tazer RAM and AlfaOBD are options that I know of where you can change tire diameter and TMPS along with a lot of other options, both require a security module to be bypassed. From my understanding the Kaodtech security bypass is the easiest option. Think there is a thread on here about it.

In your above you mention the BCM and RFH can.....which is which on a 2021 RAM 3500 Laramie?
One is Black/Breen
One is White/Green or Whie/Whie

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
In your above you mention the BCM and RFH can.....which is which on a 2021 RAM 3500 Laramie?
One is Black/Breen
One is White/Green or Whie/Whie

You're mixing metaphors, so to speak.

BCM = Body Control Module
RFH = RF Hub

Bypass goes into the CANBUS connectors.

White/Green wire to WHITE base connector (CANBUS-IHS)
Yellow/Blue wire to BLACK base connector (CANBUS-C)

Users who are viewing this thread