Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Pressure TPMS Question

cubsflfan

Reaction score
Purchased a 2024 2500 laramie 6.4 Hemi. Door Sticker calls for 70 PSI on front and back on the OEM Transforce tires. The dealer set them at 70 psi but the ride seems stiff and bumps are harsh. I'm assuming the 70 psi sticker is for when the truck has a load. My Ram 1500 called for 36 PSI which was fine and I inflated to 50 when towing my travel trailer based on the tires I had. Does anyone know what low end PSI will trigger the tire low pressure alert on the dash? I'm thinking of dropping to 50 PSI and seeing hoe the tires wear when not towing any load.
Thanks

jadmt

Reaction score
They are supposed to trigger at 75% but i found they trigger closer to 80% you can get an aev procal snap or similar device and lower the threshold so you dont have to worry about it

KneeDeep

Reaction score
Purchased a 2024 2500 laramie 6.4 Hemi. Door Sticker calls for 70 PSI on front and back on the OEM Transforce tires. The dealer set them at 70 psi but the ride seems stiff and bumps are harsh. I'm assuming the 70 psi sticker is for when the truck has a load. My Ram 1500 called for 36 PSI which was fine and I inflated to 50 when towing my travel trailer based on the tires I had. Does anyone know what low end PSI will trigger the tire low pressure alert on the dash? I'm thinking of dropping to 50 PSI and seeing hoe the tires wear when not towing any load.
Thanks
I just got my 24 CTD Laramie 2500 and mine calls for 60psi in both front and rears. My 18 BH was 80 rear and 65 front. I wonder what has changed between mine/yours and my 18BH?

Also, I believe you should be able to change your settings with Selectable tire fill alert. I haven’t looked for my settings yet but my ride is smoother than my 18 was with having the tires on the 24 at 60 PSI.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
SFTA is just for filling or lowering tire pressure, not for adjusting TPMS settings.

Adjust TPMS yourself, along with other things. Use the load and inflation tables to determine what pressure to run.

If you have an iPhone get JScan, if you have an android get AlfaOBD. You’ll then need a security bypass cable and a Bluetooth OBDII reader.

Vgate vLinker MC+ Bluetooth OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scan Tool for iOS, Android & Windows
https://a.co/d/f3UejtJ

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
TPMS is set off when 20% lower psi than door jam is reached. Purchased the AEV snap and currently at 45 psi with 35” Falkens. Huge difference in ride quality with lower pressure.

cubsflfan

Reaction score
I just got my 24 CTD Laramie 2500 and mine calls for 60psi in both front and rears. My 18 BH was 80 rear and 65 front. I wonder what has changed between mine/yours and my 18BH?

Also, I believe you should be able to change your settings with Selectable tire fill alert. I haven’t looked for my settings yet but my ride is smoother than my 18 was with having the tires on the 24 at 60 PSI.
I have the 6.4 Hemi. Maybe the vehicle weight. Not sure.

cubsflfan

Reaction score
TPMS is set off when 20% lower psi than door jam is reached. Purchased the AEV snap and currently at 45 psi with 35” Falkens. Huge difference in ride quality with lower pressure.
Thanks. I ran my 2019 1500 with Nitto A/T's at 35 and the ride was great. I am definitely going to pressure down and see the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread