Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Pressure Sensors

rauan

Reaction score
I apologize if this was already discussed, but I couldn’t find when I checked the threads.

When you install a new set of tires do you use tire pressure sensors from original tires or put the news ones?

I bought a set of night edition wheels and tires, but I was told they don’t have sensors inside. I wish the guy who sold them to me mentioned it when I was picking them up.

Now I guess I have to buy new sensors. Does anyone know if I should buy original from Mopar or the ones from Amazon will work on my 2022 Ram 2500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitexc

Reaction score
Going out on a small limb to say that OEM is usually best for this type of thing. A fuel cap I may go the cheaper route as it is easily replaceable. Not having a tire machine and balancer in my garage I would have to pay someone to change that Amazon sensor out after two months....if it will program to begin with.

And believe me....I shop on Amazon often.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

rauan

Reaction score
Going out on a small limb to say that OEM is usually best for this type of thing. A fuel cap I may go the cheaper route as it is easily replaceable. Not having a tire machine and balancer in my garage I would have to pay someone to change that Amazon sensor out after two months....if it will program to begin with.

And believe me....I shop on Amazon often.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

Thank you for your feedback!

Should I buy original sensors from ram dealership or a tire shop like discount tire will have them?

jadmt

Reaction score
on tire sensors get oem if you get aftermarket some times they work and sometimes they don't and if they don't you will have the cost and hassle of having to bust the bead to replace them. dealership or moparonlineparts.com.

jadmt

Reaction score
I forgot to mention be careful if buying from ebay as there is a seller who is selling counterfeit sensors as OEM. I bought a set and they looked exactly like oem but Schrader confirmed they were not oem.

rauan

Reaction score
I went to discount tire and they said they have for 2022. About to install them now.
582403ac04357c5de4630f1019a77a8f.jpg

84b44f3ee54e8a064107b8a2dc14b95b.jpg

JeepingNet

Reaction score
When you had those tpms installed do you know if they had to be programmed? I was hoping to drop off my rims, tires and sensors at a shop to be mounted. My ram is still on order.

rauan

Reaction score
When you had those tpms installed do you know if they had to be programmed? I was hoping to drop off my rims, tires and sensors at a shop to be mounted. My ram is still on order.

No, I didn’t have to do anything. As long as they are installed it should be good to go.

IowaPW

Reaction score
I forgot to mention be careful if buying from ebay as there is a seller who is selling counterfeit sensors as OEM. I bought a set and they looked exactly like oem but Schrader confirmed they were not oem.
Do you have the name of the seller? Any input on to how to determine if the are counterfeit?

Users who are viewing this thread