Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticking noise underneath truck

Sturmgewehr792

Reaction score
Recently noticed a ticking coming from under my truck while in park between 1200-1800 rpm. Is this normal or if not any ideas what it is? Thanks in advance!

JF2004

Reaction score
I have the exact same noise on mine. I am curious as well.

Sturmgewehr792

Reaction score
No idea yet, trucks going in next month for the cp4 recall, ill have them look into it

JF2004

Reaction score
I had a dealer tell me the noise was the cp4. I had recall completed and it is still there. Curious what they determine it is. Keep me posted if you don’t mind.

akamac

Reaction score
Mine is on month 3 at Dealer. Failed lifters and cam, same noise, would come and go as it warmed up.
I'm not sure these hydraulic roller lifters are worth the quiet they provide. Hemi powered units are eating cams as these lifters fail. Different product same application.

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 39

CTF2019

Reaction score
Posting this so people are aware.

I had a 2019 3500 that ticked. I sent it in and insisted they check it out back in December of 2019. They replaced the engine and did a terrible job (driveshaft fell off etc.) so I lemon lawed it as it was in shop for about 60 days.

BRAND NEW engine in that truck and it made the same noise!

With my recent 2019 2500 purchase… it only has 15k miles and I got curious today…

Turns out, it also makes the same exact ticking noise! So I’m just going to say this is the nature of the beast.

Reminds me of knocking cp3s and weird timing rattles on the 5.9s.

Users who are viewing this thread