Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thuren leveling with 37's

Cely1932

Reaction score
Quick snapshot of Thuren leveling kit and 37" Nittos. I'll get some more pictures without all the "leftovers" in the back so you can see the stance unloaded. I'm happy with how it turned out. Sure glad I put the RBP running boards on Saturday.....20190930_171935.jpg
20190930_181125.jpg

Marshfly

Reaction score
Which height coils did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cely1932

Reaction score
The kit I got is the king 2.0 IFP extreme plus the swaybar. I belive with the 6.4, it raises the front 3" and the rear 1"

mtoma

Reaction score
Any trimming in the front to clear those 37's?
What's the offset on the wheels?
Thx, looks good!

Cely1932

Reaction score
The front needs trimming, but i haven't done it yet. They haven't even rubbed yet, and i spent the weekend in the mountains at our cabin. The wheels have a +20mm offset. I have to say just how well this set up works to tame the dirt road up to our cabin. I am more than happy with the overall performance of the Thuren system.

dug

Reaction score
How is power with the 37's? Notice much loss from stock?

Cely1932

Reaction score
I have the 4.10's, and I did notice the reduced acceleration with the 37's. Not a big deal for me with the 8 speed. The math works out to 3.76 corrected gear ratio. I would like to somehow have the setting on the truck changed to tell it that is has the 3.73 gears in it & I would think that would get the speedo back to being real close.

EODMatt

Reaction score
Can the dealership or a shop reprogram the computer to remedy any abs or speedo issues with bigger tires?

Cely1932

Reaction score
Im not sure if they can or not. I hear rumors that even the techs are locked out from changing that stuff.

Don-T

Reaction score
You can use AlphaOBD to change the tire size to anything you want. I have 295/65x20 tires and I reset the speedometer so it is right on.

Zrojas

Reaction score
Can the dealership or a shop reprogram the computer to remedy any abs or speedo issues with bigger tires?
I haven't checked with my dealer yet to see if it available for Ram, but a lot of Jeep forums say that there is Mopar Vehicle Protection Custom Calibration that can be purchased through the dealer. It opens up option codes for them to program additional tire sizes, gear ratios, and transfer case ratios.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mtoma

Reaction score
How are you liking the Ridge Grapplers as far as ride and noise?
I've read other places that they're pretty quiet.
I've ran the Toyo's on my 13 and they can wander and get pretty noisy after awhile.
Looks good!

Cely1932

Reaction score
I'm very pleased with the Nittos. They make a little more noise than stock, but not even close to the howl of the ProComps on our Jeep. I definitely can't hear the tires over the stereo. As far as the ride, i have them at 65 psi and the ride and handling is great.

Randy M

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Fuel Podium wheels and most likely 35's for my Power Wagon. I really like the 20's you have on your truck but am conflicted on whether or not I should get 18's for my PW. +18 offset I've heard is ideal for no rubbing.

mtoma

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Fuel Podium wheels and most likely 35's for my Power Wagon. I really like the 20's you have on your truck but am conflicted on whether or not I should get 18's for my PW. +18 offset I've heard is ideal for no rubbing.

I'm currently running 18x9 Fuel Crush wheels in a +20 offset and 35's on completely stock suspension with no rubbing at all, not even close.
2019 3500 with rear air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cely1932

Reaction score
I would'nt worry about the difference between the 18 & 20mm offset. That only amounts to .078" difference between the two. On the 18" vs 20" wheels, the 18's will get you more sidewall flex, especially when aired down for off roading. If I had gone with the PW (almost did) I would have done 18's instead. As far as the 37's rubbing, they do slightly on the lower outside rear corner of the opening. The Larimie has an additional piece of plastic there I will trim eventually. No rubbing on the arms or sway bar whatsoever.

Attachments

• 20191128_092536.jpg
    20191128_092536.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 131

babbott83

Reaction score
I'm currently running 18x9 Fuel Crush wheels in a +20 offset and 35's on completely stock suspension with no rubbing at all, not even close.
2019 3500 with rear air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have any pictures of your truck with the Crush wheels? I just bought a 3500 Limited Megacab and am in the process of blacking a bunch of stuff out, leveling it and adding wheels and tires. The Fuel Crush were on the top of my list but I was struggling with the all Black with milled accents or the Crush wheels with Dark Tint. I would love to see a picture.

babbott83

Reaction score
Quick snapshot of Thuren leveling kit and 37" Nittos. I'll get some more pictures without all the "leftovers" in the back so you can see the stance unloaded. I'm happy with how it turned out. Sure glad I put the RBP running boards on Saturday.....View attachment 1367
View attachment 1368
Awesome truck!!! Do you have any pictures down the side? How much do the 37's stick out?

mtoma

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of your truck with the Crush wheels? I just bought a 3500 Limited Megacab and am in the process of blacking a bunch of stuff out, leveling it and adding wheels and tires. The Fuel Crush were on the top of my list but I was struggling with the all Black with milled accents or the Crush wheels with Dark Tint. I would love to see a picture.

I'll see if I can't get you some pictures when I get home if it's still light out.
The boys from CJC will be installling the full Carli Pintop suspension January 10th and I'll post some pic's afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread