Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle booster

Chewie307

Reaction score
Has anyone put a throttle booster on a 2019 ram 2500 6.7L? If so what brand and is it able to be unplugged for any warranty issues?

Chewie307

Reaction score
Does it leave a footprint at all. I didnt see anything stating that it does not? What are the 4 modes that it uses?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
it simply plugs into the tps and changes the signal. i don't see how it would leave a footprint, but
i'm a commodity expert, not a tech head :)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Does it fix dead pedal? Or has Ram tuned that out?

I have dead pedal on my car if two footing it and it's almost gotten me creamed more than a few times. Total BS that some lawyers are able to introduce artificial limits on DBW systems.

Chewie307

Reaction score
What kind of mileage difference has everyone been seeing after install? Without it I currently get 15 mpg with warming up in the mornings and between 19 and 21 on the highway.

U

User_1648

To revive an old thread - installed my iDrive Throttle Booster yesterday and tried it in all modes:

Normal - factory throttle settings
Eco - reduced throttle response below normal settings (not quite clear why anyone would need this setting)
Ultimate - HOLY CRAP! Definite difference in throttle response (9 settings in this mode)
A/C - apparently a mode designed to adjust the throttle aperture according to driver habit (I didn't stay in this mode for long as I was having too much fun in Ultimate).

Thankful to all who passed along information on this device!

Tim

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Intriguing... Had some dead pedal issues early on. No issues at present - throttle response is good. Have to wonder then if this controller would make fer a quantifiable improvement.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I just ordered an iDrive.

Use code IG10 for 10% off. Tried a bunch of other codes first and that was the only one I could get to work.

Don't forget to add a colored faceplate to the order before you check out unless you want white.

woody284

Reaction score
So it may just be the way I drive ( I’m 38 and my wife says like an old man) but throttle response is ok for me. Do you see any improvements on MPG once the newness has worn off and you aren’t playing so much. For 200 bucks it’s not a bad price

U

User_1648

So it may just be the way I drive ( I’m 38 and my wife says like an old man) but throttle response is ok for me. Do you see any improvements on MPG once the newness has worn off and you aren’t playing so much. For 200 bucks it’s not a bad price
Too early to see the difference in mpg, but I am trying to document the mpg in the different modes. Give me about a week.

Sawyerd3

Reaction score
Too early to see the difference in mpg, but I am trying to document the mpg in the different modes. Give me about a week.
I’m interested to see your review of this. Could you tell an immediate difference? Think it could cause any problems down the road??

U

User_1648

I’m interested to see your review of this. Could you tell an immediate difference? Think it could cause any problems down the road??

@Sawyerd3 - Yes! I saw an immediate response in Ultimate mode. As to your other question - it's too early to tell from my personal experience with it how it will affect the truck in the future. I do know that the majority of the folks who have bought this device give it really good reviews, and I haven't been able to find any negative's about it.

Time will tell!

NMX779

Reaction score
I just ordered an iDrive.

Use code IG10 for 10% off. Tried a bunch of other codes first and that was the only one I could get to work.

Don't forget to add a colored faceplate to the order before you check out unless you want white.
So how is the iDrive working for you so far? Really interested in your experience with the HO diesel

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I have one these with a few faceplates that I don't use any more if any one is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread