Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three Audible Electronic Dings/Pings

shauste

Reaction score
So, I’m riding the down the road and I hear these three electronic dings/pings and have no idea what they are for? Any clues? I see no dash indicators when it occurs.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Is it bumper sensor beeps? Do you have front parking sensors? Maybe they’re dirty or something?

I have my rear sensors turned off, but if I back up a hill with some throttle m or back up quickly my truck makes the “back up sensor beeps” even though they’re turned off.

shauste

Reaction score
Is it bumper sensor beeps? Do you have front parking sensors? Maybe they’re dirty or something?

I have my rear sensors turned off, but if I back up a hill with some throttle m or back up quickly my truck makes the “back up sensor beeps” even though they’re turned off.
No, it's different than bumper sensor beeps. It happens intermittently and it's making my OCD vibrate. Thanks for your reply.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

I know mine will say park sense unavailable to high of speed or something along those lines when backing up down my driveway at a decent pace, also even when off my rear sensors used to ding the odd time but since my last dealer update it has not done it

shauste

Reaction score
Blind spot monitor?
Apparently my configuration doesn't have BSM...or at least I don't see an indicator in the window or setting in the UConnect 12" as it was in my 2019 1500.

el_barto

Reaction score
There would be an Amber triangular light in the side mirror glass. And I think it is only two “dings” not 3…

obhitn3

Reaction score
So, I’m riding the down the road and I hear these three electronic dings/pings and have no idea what they are for? Any clues? I see no dash indicators when it occurs.
I think I may have figured it out, but not sure why there is no alert that can be seen. It keeps happening to me in the same places over and over. Briefly showed a "blank" looking alert that seemed like it was trying to show me something once... But, I think its the navigation screen alerting to a red light camera. Just an educated guess, but best I can figure out at this point.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I may have figured it out, but not sure why there is no alert that can be seen. It keeps happening to me in the same places over and over. Briefly showed a "blank" looking alert that seemed like it was trying to show me something once... But, I think its the navigation screen alerting to a red light camera. Just an educated guess, but best I can figure out at this point.

While it could be a normal alert indication of some sort, check that all fuses are pushed in and check the underhood grounds to at least rules that out.

My truck was doing weird things like disabling FCW, etc and would throw a couple dings and flash the EVIC too fast to tell what was happening.

Billcf7

Reaction score
I had the same issue whit my 2018. Never did figure out

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Mine has done it a few times. It is three quick beeps and has a different tone than the blind spot monitor. I believe it happens when it thinks I am about to have a collision. It did it once when I was making a left turn onto the highway and a car was parked on the shoulder where I was pulling out. I wasn't sure what the heck it was doing and searched the Internet looking for answers but found none. The second time it did it I was coming in hot at a stoplight. There was a car in front of me. I wasn't too close but I was coming to the stop pretty quickly and it was into the sun. I thought I saw something on the EVIC but by the time I could put my attention on it, it was gone. The third time was similar to the first so I am thinking it is an oversensitive early warning collision detector.

shauste

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this some more and I seem to recall it happening while on the interstate. I'm not executing a lane change or anything. Next time it happens I'll try to see if there are any vehicles in close proximity or what else might be going on.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this some more and I seem to recall it happening while on the interstate. I'm not executing a lane change or anything. Next time it happens I'll try to see if there are any vehicles in close proximity or what else might be going on.
It certainly does get your attention when it happens. I know the ACC braking system can get thrown off by shadows of overpasses and the like. Maybe this is similar.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be a "place hands on wheel" lane sense warning?

FWIW, Mine was doing that and disabling lane sense and there was an updated flash available that seems to have solved it.

P.S. That hand sensing is simply driver torque input on the wheel nothing else. Seems the sensing wasn't sensitive enough to know I was holding onto the wheel on an arrow straight highway.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Could it be a "place hands on wheel" lane sense warning?

FWIW, Mine was doing that and disabling lane sense and there was an updated flash available that seems to have solved it.

P.S. That hand sensing is simply driver torque input on the wheel nothing else. Seems the sensing wasn't sensitive enough to know I was holding onto the wheel on an arrow straight highway.
Mine has done that but it wasn't a 3 beep sequence.

Users who are viewing this thread