Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those of you with Rambox and tonneau - HELP!

RXBoost

Reaction score
I've got a 23 with the rambox. I also just bought a bakflip revolver x4s - hard rolling tonneau. So the rails have a weatherstrip that a goes up flush against the rambox. When operating the rambox doors they contact and roll against the weatherstrip. I have had the cover 1 week and frequently open the driver side rambox. Well the weatherstrip came loose in the center. Bak has no problem sending me new weatherstrip to put on, they even sent me new rails. This seems like maintenance nightmare for anyone that uses the rambox multiple times daily. Does anyone else have experience like this with their tonneau/weatherstrip? I love the cover other than this, but this is a pretty big deal. Do I need to just try to get a refund? Though not sure that it is possible at this point.

In the attached pic you can see the weatherstrip between the rambox and the bedcover rail.

Attachments

• 20231029_120440.jpg
    20231029_120440.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 32

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
I had a rambox on my '15 1500, and now again on my 23 2500.

The gasket does roll a little when using the rambox. I've never really thought of it as a problem. I have the bakflip installed (on both trucks).

If you're going for water-proofness, you'll just have to acknowledge your never gonna be water tight with the covers you can put on the rambox bed.

RXBoost

Reaction score
I had a rambox on my '15 1500, and now again on my 23 2500.

The gasket does roll a little when using the rambox. I've never really thought of it as a problem. I have the bakflip installed (on both trucks).

If you're going for water-proofness, you'll just have to acknowledge your never gonna be water tight with the covers you can put on the rambox bed.
Im definitely not going for water proofness, I dont think its possible. I just dont want it rolling up and down, coming loose, then eventually doing nothing. I gorilla glued it back on there, maybe it will hold better than the 2 sided tape.

I was really wondering if this design that bakflip uses is really the only way to have any kind of seal against the ramboxes or if there is another way.

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
With the bakflip, the gasket just sits on top. If it curls with the rambox, opening the bakflip and closing it lays it flat again.

I'm not sure how the roll up works.

RXBoost

Reaction score
With the bakflip, the gasket just sits on top. If it curls with the rambox, opening the bakflip and closing it lays it flat again.

I'm not sure how the roll up works.
The pic I attached is of the bakflip. This is a bakflip revolver x4s. Do you have a pic of yours? Do you have the mx4?

Jqueen

Reaction score
Use the American Roll Cover. While not water proof, it does not let much in. It also has a very small canister.

Ramsomair

Reaction score
Could you spray some silicone spray on the back of the lid of the RamBox?

CVDaddy

Reaction score
I have RamBoxes and the Revolver X4S. The foam on the drivers side came out in a large portion of the middle. Kept tucking it back in. Finally it started flapping in the wind so I just pulled it off. The bed seems to seal just as well without it. I go through the car wash and get the same little trickle I got before removing the foam, and it's better than the trifold I had before.

RXBoost

Reaction score
I have RamBoxes and the Revolver X4S. The foam on the drivers side came out in a large portion of the middle. Kept tucking it back in. Finally it started flapping in the wind so I just pulled it off. The bed seems to seal just as well without it. I go through the car wash and get the same little trickle I got before removing the foam, and it's better than the trifold I had before.

This is great information. I will try to keep the foam intact as long as possible, but it is so good to know that it isnt THAT important. I am not looking for total waterproofing - more security than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread