Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those of you who have swapped speakers, step in here

Reaction score
I have only disliked one thing on this new '22 Tradesman, the speakers. Sub par.
Not too much to swat out the fronts, as no one rides in the back, and if they did, we are not listing to the radio.

However, I am hoping it is not the 8.4 as it is a bit clunky, it seems to function decent.
I am not interested in dumping that much into upgrading that.

How many of you just swapped out the OEM speakers and got good results?
Not looking for a rolling disco, so none of that... LOL

kevin588127

Reaction score
The problem with swapping speakers is the goofy impedance of the stock speakers. The dash speakers are 8 ohms wired in parallel with the 2 ohm door speakers. I replaced just the dash speakers with some infinity's that are 4 ohms. They sound much cleaner but due to the impedance being so much lower, they are much louder and shift the imaging to the front. Ive slightly faded it to the rear and it does sound better than stock, but I'm still not real happy. Probably going to try some infinity's in the rear, they are 3 ohm. My 2014 tradesman sounded awesome with just a speaker swap but these newer trucks are different.

whitexc

Reaction score
There are threads about this if you search a bit. Guys even replace the Alpine speakers. There was chatter about some Pioneer replacements I believe and you can get the correct wiring off Amazon as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Riddick

Reaction score
Upgrading the dash speakers alone makes a huge difference, especially on the base system. I believe the dash corner speakers are 3.5 inch, Crutchfield carries a bunch of different brands and all their speakers come with adapters to make everything plug and play. For the doors I think you will be limited to a few 6x9s due to clearance issues within the door. I recently purchased a pair of Pioneer TS-G690 for the rear doors and for the price you cant go wrong in my opinion. They were 45 from Crutchfield and provide a good of amount of mids and highs which I felt my system was lacking (OEM Alpine).

There are tons of threads discussing the corner speakers, I originally purchased some Kicker DS series speakers and for the most part was very happy with them. They were louder than stock and slightly over powered the door speakers but were definitely an upgrade over stock. I ended up swapping those for some Skar Audio 3.5s and these were not quite as loud but provided a more balanced sound. If you went the Pioneers I referenced above and the Skar 3.5s you will; spend less than 150 and I guarantee it will be a night and day difference. In my opinion there is no need to pay for a top tier speaker if you are still using the factory head unit to power them. Any entry level speaker will be a huge upgrade!!

cmc76

Reaction score
I swapped out the dash speakers with a set from Crutchfield, i would have to look at which ones. Easy answer, made a noticeable improvement in all of 10 minutes. I may do the doors next.

Users who are viewing this thread